|Senior Software Engineer (Platform)|
Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
Company : Criteria Corp
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Madhya Pradesh
Criteria is a technology company that's changing the way organizations find and hire great talent. Headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in New York, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney, Criteria is a global company and we're growing quickly. We've been featured on the Inc. 5000's list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the last seven years and have been recognized as a Best Place to Work by Inc. and Built in LA.
Most importantly, people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to help companies and job candidates connect to do fulfilling, meaningful work together. We hire with the same intention to provide a collaborative, inclusive, and balanced environment where every individual can bring their best selves to work.
About the Role:
As an integral member of Criteria's Global Engineering team, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing solutions to application problems, ensuring a solid development framework of leading-edge technology and process is utilized in developing the Criteria product to meet business needs and vision. This will involve collaborating with the wider Research and Development (R&D) team and key stakeholders including R&D Psychology, Product and Project Managers.
As SSE you will be encouraged, supported, and expected to continually enhance your skill set in new and improved technologies and to provide mentoring and guidance to more junior members of the team.
What You'll Do:
- Master tools and technologies used at Criteria
- Routinely evaluate current or emerging methodologies, technologies and frameworks for viability or improvement
- Scope, design and estimate effort of solutions ensuring architectural best practices (performance, resiliency, cost, security, and operational excellence)
- Gain a detailed understanding of business requirements and convert them into robust and comprehensive system designs
- Undertake programming for applications and systems
- Contribute to and improve the automation of testing by writing unit, integration, functional, smoke, performance, and security tests
- Contribute to the improvement of quality and the reduction of technical debt across code bases
- Contribute to the implementation of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Contribute to and improve the monitoring of system operation to detect potential problems (I.e. infrastructure, application and security)
- Participate in the agreed SDLC
- Contribute to and improve standards, policies, and procedures to ensure operational excellence
- Maintain and update internal documentation and wikis
- Communicate project information to stakeholders through presentations, technical reports, or white papers
- Communicate regular status updates (including deviations) to stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Mentor other team members to ensure leading practice
- Comply with all internal procedures and policies of Criteria (I.e. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management)
- Undertake other reasonable tasks consistent with skills, qualifications and experience, as may be required from time to time
- Proactively manage career progression
What You Should Know/Have:
- Comfort working a portion of daily hours overlapping Pacific Standard Time (PST) and/or Australia's AEST. Required for meetings on occasion as well.
- Excellent English-speaking skills with strong command of written English & comfort collaborating with native English speakers
- Experience creating API back-ends and connecting to web application front ends
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, EC2, AWS-SDK)
- Experience working in a continuous integration/deployment environment
- Experience implementing and maintaining unit, integration, and system tests
- Attention to detail and desire to create quality documentation
- A natural curiosity and drive to learn and continually develop own skills and assist with developing the skills of less experienced members
- Diligent with superior problem-solving skills
- Experience in NodeJS and/or TypeScript development
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React
- Experience with the Serverless framework
- Experience in Linux scripting languages such as Shell or Groovy
- Fluency in multiple programming languages
- AWS Certification, e.g. AWS Developer Associate
- Side projects and/or personal development that compliments your skills in-office
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored, and appreciated.
Criteria is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.