|Lead Software Engineer|
Lead Software Engineer
Company : Baker Hughes
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kerala
Lead Software Engineer
Would you enjoy designing innovative software for energy products?
Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?
Join our cutting-edge Software Development team
Our Oilfield Services (OFS) business provides intelligent connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. Our Sales team work in partnership with our business partners to build loyalty and develop sales growth. We take responsibility for the business' success by building trusted relationships and understanding our partners.
Partner with the best
As a Lead Software Engineer, You will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Candidate will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Capturing system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Identifying the scope of the work, providing initial estimate and justifying the estimate with facts
- Demonstrating the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle
- Executing in a fast pace delivery mode and focusing in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Maintaining code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Understanding whole product, its modules and interrelationship between and being an expert in the assigned module.
- Being an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Being an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Providing guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
Possess Bachelor’s or Master’s Education in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Have experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
- Be an expert in Java11, Kubernetes and front end technologies like react / angular.
- Preferred to have experience in any of the cloud platforms
- Be flexible to learn and develop in any language/technology/tools as per the project’s needs.
- Have understanding of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.