|Associate Principal – US Foundations|
Associate Principal – US Foundations
Company : Sattva Consulting
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
Associate Principal, Foundation Business Unit
Location: Mumbai/Gurgaon and will involve travel to different parts of the country
We are an organization driven by the vision to end poverty in our lifetime. Our work focuses on scalable solutions for sustainable social impact. We work with our clients - corporations, philanthropists, foundations DFIs, impact funds, private equity, venture capital investors, social organizations, and social organizations - to achieve social impact goals effectively and maximize the social return on their investment. Deep understanding across sectors and collaboration with multiple stakeholders drive our work. This approach helps us, and our clients develop holistic solutions for solving critical societal problems. We are driven by impact and powered by knowledge. We bring the right balance of the head-heart-hand to our work. Our work is powered by the passionate energy of our mission-driven young team, guided by the strong leadership and advisory board with multi-dimensional experience in business and social sectors. Our team of 400 (and growing rapidly) across offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi comes with stellar professional credentials from diverse backgrounds and is bound together by our common commitment to social impact.
# Foundations Business Unit
Sattva has ongoing work with several leading Global, Regional, Domestic Foundations and Multilateral organizations to create evidence and curate dialogue for policy action. Sattva’s Ecosystem and Policy Advisory practice enables foundations to amplify their influence and impact through ecosystem engagement and policy research and advisory. We build strategic influence backed by data and research, enhance portfolio performance for funders, engage ecosystem through convenings, knowledge creation and dissemination, facilitate collaboration between funders, implementation organizations, and facilitate policy research, advisory and policy engagement and communication with Central, State and District Governments.
Sattva has experience in a range of ecosystem and policy advisory work - thematic and landscape studies, narrative building, policy analysis and briefs, government engagement and facilitating partnerships— supported by leading foundations. Sattva has created strategic partnerships and influence by building data and evidence backed advisory, key stakeholder relationships in education, gender equality, healthcare, water and sanitation, and financial inclusion.
# The opportunity
The Associate Principal forms part of the Leadership team leading a large Portfolio of accounts or Mission-mode project at the Foundations Unit in Sattva. The role involves leading key Foundations accounts, projects and initiatives to client success and impact. The role also involves contribution to key organizational level initiatives for growth in the Foundations unit. In this role, you will work closely with Sattva’s senior stakeholders, leading your team to ensure client success, carry out focused ecosystem and policy advisory assignments, conceptualize and create knowledge products, curate meaningful ecosystem engagement in the philanthropic and corporate ecosystems, and work to influence key institutions and stakeholders across the development sector. You will play an integral role in design and advisory of knowledge products, stakeholder management and policy research, advisory and engagement with Senior Government officials.
# Key responsibilities
At Sattva we believe in outcome-orientation in everything we do. The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Problem Solving:
- Delivery Excellence:
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- People leadership:
- Establishing Expertise & Business Leadership:
Key qualifications and experience
We are looking for individuals who align with our mission of alleviating poverty in our lifetime and have:
- 12+ years of work experience in leading consulting and advisory engagements with clients
- Masters degree in research/development/public policy/ business or development management
- Experience in consulting, problem solving, managing teams, creating knowledge products, ecosystem engagement and policy
- Strong business development skills with deep experience and interest to engage in sales calls, developing and owning proposals, pitch decks and pricing
- Knowledge of the development landscape in India and around the world, including an in-depth understanding of the roles of various stakeholders (government, academia, international institutions, foundations, non-profit and corporate organizations).
- Expertise in designing and implementing advisory projects, data analysis, synthesizing evidence and building narratives to further policy engagement
- Proven leadership in a high paced multi stakeholder client-facing impact organization
- Experience in leading workshops, facilitating participatory knowledge creation
- Published written or visual development work in any form or manner
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (in English) with exceptional attention to detail
- Appreciation for the need of business sustainability in the impact journey of Sattva
- Ability to work in an agile and adaptive, entrepreneurial environment
- Humility, willingness to listen, learn and adapt
- Willingness to travel
We cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees and reinforce diversity in our workplace. All applications regardless of race, religion, caste, color, place of origin, gender, sexuality, disability, and age will be welcome and will be fairly evaluated as per the requirements of the role.
Job Type: Full-time