|Soft Skills Trainer|
Soft Skills Trainer
Company : Udayan Care
Salary : ₹20,000 - ₹22,000 a month
Location : Gujarat
Section 1 | About Udayan Care
Family is the anchor for an individual’s emotional and physical well-being. A weakened family structure or absence of it hinders the development of an individual into a confident, strong, and emotionally balanced individual, who is capable of caring for his/her own family in the future.
Udayan Care was established in 1994 by Dr. Kiran Modi. Udayan Care’s single-minded focus is on strengthening the family structure and it also informs and drives the curation and design of its programmes – whether it simulates a family environment or supports them through providing for education, vocational skills and employability training to children and youth coming from lower socio-economic strata, so that they can sustain and strengthen their families.
· Through the power of mentorship, we nurture children, who are orphaned, abandoned, and at risk, in the warmth of a simulated family environment at our 17 Udayan Ghars, in 4 States. Once the children reach the age of 18 years, they move into our Aftercare Programme and continue with higher education or vocational training towards employment. So far more than 1500 children and youth have been impacted through the programme.
· We support higher education of young girls whose families cannot afford it through the Udayan Shalini Fellowship Programme. More than 11000 Shalinis from 26 chapters across India, have gone on to complete their education since the programme’s inception in 2002.
· We empower under-served youth and adults to improve their employability skills at 16 of our Information Technology and Vocational Training Centers across Delhi NCR, Kurukshetra (Haryana), and Srinagar (Uttarakhand). The plan is to roll out more centers across other states in the coming years. We are working with State governments of Bihar and MP to develop demonstrable models of Aftercare, in partnership with UNICEF.
· Our Aftercare Outreach Programme started in 2020, caters to youth coming out of other Child Care Institutions. It encourages them to create associations and self-help groups which provides them with learnings and support of shared experiences.
Udayan Care advocates for children’s rights in alignment with the Indian Constitution, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), and the Sustainable Development Goals, in its programmes, as well as through its efforts in advocacy, research, publications, and by organizing and participating in seminars and conferences, and through training, childcare cadres in standards of Alternative Care.
Section 2 | Purpose of the Role
Under supervision from the HOD, the Soft Skills Facilitator assumes responsibility of the facilitation of Soft Skills Training offered at Udayan Care. He/she will follow the prescribed curriculum/calendar of activities that are designed to develop the soft skills of the students. This is done to increase their skill level in order to secure employment. This is inclusive of mock job interviews, job counseling to students, sensitivity awareness and training for existing and potential employees in the centre
Section 3 | Key Responsibilities
- Facilitates day-to-day classes to assist students in gaining knowledge and soft-skills needed to secure employment
- Conducts classes in an atmosphere that promotes caring and respect in accordance with the Mission and Vision of Udayan Care
- Plans, organizes, and administers the prescribed curriculum with the support of the IT Programme Coordinator
- Prepares written weekly reports to Head of the Programme
- Demonstrates understanding of Employability skills, teaching materials, and procedures with understanding of various teaching methods.
- Understands the need of and sensitivity to culturally diverse populations.
- Maintains close communication with IT Programme Coordinator and HOD of the Programme
- Instructs clients in job seeking, application procedures; resume writing, interview preparation and job retention skills and attitudes
- Provides job search/career information workshops and presentations as needed
- Facilitates career counseling, evaluation, skills training, job readiness training and other activities related to employment.
- Ensures the delivery of services which are reflective of an Independent Living, self sufficiency and empowerment.
- Maintain necessary documentation for the centre records, billing and organizing programme activities
Section 4 | Experience and Qualifications
Around 6 months to 2 years of work experience in relevant field. Preferably in NGO Sector.
Prior Experience in leading NGO in programme implementation or teaching will be preferred
Graduate or post graduate in any stream
Zeal to work in the community
Section 5 | Skills and knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment
- Good communications skills, networking and relationship building skills with a wide range of individuals in public, private and non-profit sectors
- An ability to work successfully under pressure with the capacity to manage competing priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Strong personal and social values
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: ₹20,000.00 - ₹22,000.00 per month
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹20,000.00 - ₹22,000.00 per month
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vadodara, Vadodara, Gujarat: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)