|Legal Counsel - Commercial Law|
Legal Counsel - Commercial Law
Company : Siemens Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
Legal Counsel – Commercial Law
We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
This position in Siemens Limited India is responsible for legal support to the Siemens Energy business – with focus on both infrastructure projects and industrial products – as well as litigation, regulatory and compliance issues.
Come, Change the future with us!
In your primary role, you will be responsible for the following:
- You will provide professional and proactive support to management, business and project teams on contract review and contract & claim management. You will draft, negotiate and review a wide range of domestic and international commercial contracts (including NDAs, consortium agreements, pre-bid agreements, supply and purchasing agreements, work contracts, framework agreements, service level agreements, government contracts etc.) with large public and private customers, as well as suppliers and subcontractors. You will support business and project management teams to formulate business strategy on contract and claim management issues towards customers, consortium partners, suppliers and subcontractors.
- You will provide practical and solution-oriented legal advice in a timely manner on commercial legal queries on a wide variety of legal issues (including contract law, sale of goods, competition law, insolvency law etc.) on a regular basis.
- You will manage, strategize and advise on all litigations and the dispute resolution process. You will be responsible for appointing, coordinating and strategizing with external lawyers across the country for all litigations. You would prepare the appropriate legal documents and represent the company in legal proceedings through external lawyers.
- You will create standard templates of various types of agreements and conduct trainings on various legal topics for business, corporate and legal colleagues.
Additionally, your role would also from time to time include the following:
- You will need to have a high level of business orientation with focus on problem solving while upholding ethics and integrity across the organization. You will also be required to participate in team activities and task forces to help Siemens Legal India and the Global Legal Team to develop internal processes and/or for any special projects.
- You will guide management, business and project teams on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with applicable legal regulations.
- You will need to manage expectations of multiple business stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- You have a law degree from a reputed law college in India or from a reputed international college with at least 5 years PQE.
- You have preferably worked with a law firm or multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners.
- You have experience in litigation and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts.
You will be our preferred candidate if you have advanced communication and legal writing skills (English), a problem-solving and solution-oriented approach and a dedicated attitude. You should be driven by integrity, ownership culture and reliability. You should be open to occasional to frequent travelling and like to have fun at work.Make your mark in the cool & exciting world at Siemens!
This role is based in Gurgaon, Haryana. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds making real what matters for the future, one day at a time in 200+ countries. Last but not the least we're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time