|Assistant Manager - Logistics and Coordination|
Assistant Manager - Logistics and Coordination
Company : IRRI Education
Salary : ₹35,700 - ₹74,300 a month
Location : Delhi
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government. The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff.
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
Under the minimal supervision of the Corporate Services Manager, incumbent to this position will manage the day-to-day operational activities for all India offices related to logistics such as arranging for travel, hotel, transport, etc. and related requests for procurement. Also responsible for negotiating and executing contracts with service providers such as travel agents, hotels, cab companies, event managers and any others related to the area of logistics. Maintain data base for all agreements, review and recommend payments for all goods & services procured for logistics. Ensure adherence to IRRI policies and procedures in logistics and coordination. Communicate, coordinate and liaise closely with other teams in the office, IRRI Headquarters, other Country Offices, Government and partners as may be required. Draft reports and provide logistical support to events.
This position will be based at the IRRI India Office in New Delhi and is open to only existing IRRI employees who are permanent citizens of India.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage travel and all other logistic requirements for pan India related to travel, hotel accommodation, booking of suitable venues for events, etc.
- Execute purchase requests as may be required in the area of logistics & operations
- Prepare tender documentation to invite proposals from suitable vendors, including negotiations and signing of contracts
- Ensure effective use of the IRRI fleet, including the allocation of vehicles, fair and equitable assignment of drivers and troubleshooting problems when they occur
- Prepare and share reports as per process requirement on use of fleet, fuel and mileage statistics
- Advice and guide colleagues and partners while catering to their requests for travel, etc. to ensure optimum utilization of resources, while meeting service quality
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and guidelines related to travel and all other logistic services
- Ensure adherence to IRRI policies and procedures in areas related to travel & logistics
- Provide feedback to the supervisor on implementation of logistic & operational activities and suggest actions for possible improvement
- Establish service standards related to quality & timeliness of services and regularly review and monitor to ensure standards are met
- Manage relations with internal and external stakeholder to ensure due diligence of processes and procurement of good quality services as and where applicable
- Maintain comprehensive data base of all travel, hotel & event bookings, receive and check invoices and recommend for timely payment.
- Liaise with vendors on any queries related to bookings & payments
- Coordinate and communicate with IRRI HQ and Country offices’ staff, NARES Institutes, Government offices, private companies, academic institutes and other partners to build itineraries and to manage travel schedules and all travel related requirements
- Liaise with travel agents for booking of tickets and visa documentation, and with hotels for accommodation
- Coordinate with relevant embassies and government departments with regard to necessary protocols to be followed by VIPs, staff and guests and for visa, passport and movement requirements
- Liaise with vendors of goods & services for procurement, receipt of invoices & credit notes, reconciliation of statements and settlement of payment
- Act as focal point for visitors when required, including high level representatives from external agencies and organizations
- Ensure effective flow of information as appropriate amongst key stakeholders.
- Provide logistical support to events like workshops, seminars, national/international conferences, training courses and unit-specific events/functions. The support includes making travel arrangements, support in selecting venues, booking hotel accommodation, ensuring safe movement of participants, negotiating with vendors of goods & services, preparation of budgets, etc.
- Ensure service delivery in the area of operations & logistics in accordance with defined policies and processes
- Prepare statements with appropriate budget codes for payments, monitor the budget that is allocated to specific events
- Maintain data base of all vendor agreements, travel and hotel bookings as well as cancellations
- Allocate & supervise the work of drivers, guards, office support staff and attendants in the provision of services
- Prepare and share reports as per process requirements on a regular basis.
Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Management, Business Administration, Tourism, Hospitality or related field and minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in Administration Management; or
Master’s degree in Administration, Management, Business Administration, Tourism, Hospitality or related field and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in Administration Management
- Has experience in supervising staff
- Has worked in a multicultural management environment
- Understands the needs of clients, is client-oriented
- Has an eye for detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Has strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Has good organizational skills
- Has experience working for an international organization
- Has experience in providing administrative support to multicultural research team
In addition to the basic salary mentioned above, IRRI also offers the below listed allowances:
- House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month.
- Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance is provided to NRS as below: NRS L5: INR 4,000
- Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay.
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
- Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children)
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Reference: HQ01274