|NS&E Government Compliance Operations Manager|
NS&E Government Compliance Operations Manager
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Requisition ID: 254879
Requisition Posting End Date: 05/12/2022
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's
infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Execute the NS&E Procurement Audit and Compliance activities in support of NS&E projects. Support the development and maintenance of NS&E Procurement and Contracts management procedures, policies, and other documentation, ensuring compliance with both internal and external requirements. Analyze and resolve operational problems, taking corrective action as necessary.
Representatives will work remotely, as available, in support of all NS&E projects.
- Prepares and/or directs preparation of general and special conditions for use on BNI project purchase documents for NS&E.
- Monitors and manages the flow-down of business requirements and prime contract requirements into Project procedures and Pro-Formas and monitors the performance of the organization against the requirements.
- Prepares or directs preparation of the project NS&E procedures in conjunction with project and Corporate functional management; contributes to the project procedures; monitors the Procurement team’s implementation of the project procedures; revises procedures and secures approvals as necessary.
- Direct preparation of project master Pro-forma forms, including legal and commercial terms and conditions to be included in Procurement and Contract documents on project commitments. Review prime contract terminology and transfer applicable legal and commercial terms into the Pro-forma documents.
- Review other commercial and technical data prepared by Engineering, Construction, Finance, Traffic & Logistics, Insurance, Tax, and other procurement functional groups and input suitable terminology into Pro-forma documents.
- Review of files for compliance with processes and procedures for NS&E projects.
- Coordinate and lead self-assessment activities, managing self-assessment schedule to meet all deadlines.
- Collect, summarize and report information gathered during the self-assessment reviews and engage in the development of process improvements.
- Collaborate with individuals across the Procurement and Contract department and the project to assess and improve various supply chain processes.
- Build effective working relationships and interact with other project departments, government services, DCAA, DCMA, etc.
- Manage government-based project contract and subcontract proforma for the Business Line based on applicable laws and Bechtel license(s) in the executing location(s),
- Provide support and guidance to the NS&E Manager of Procurement and Contracts with regards to government operations management
- Manage the contract/subcontract formation and contract/subcontract administration programs and ensure compliance to applicable Bechtel policies (e.g. Policy 230, Policy 102).
- Provide ongoing guidance in the various aspects of contract management and key members of the procurement and contracts team to ensure that sound contract management and subcontract formation/administration principles are applied throughout the work process.
- Working knowledge of Engineering, Construction, and Quality procedures.
- Ability to identify and interpret requirements inclusive of Federal Acquisition Regulations, NQA1, and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
- Knows the applicable Corporate and global business unit policies and instructions, and Procurement procedures and guidelines that affect the work.
- Training or courses of specialized study in related subjects such as business administration, accounting, and law, including Uniform Commercial Code.
- Experience or skill in activities such as distribution and control of work, interviewing and selection, compensation planning, performance management, and career planning discussion when delegated, training and development of personnel and related areas of human resources.
- Requires demonstrated skill in using independent judgment to achieve assigned responsibilities. Skill in communicating effectively verbally or in writing regarding all commercial matters. Thorough knowledge of contract administration as well as contract/subcontract formation and administration, execution office and field procedures, and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project.
- Proficiency in the formation and administration of (sub)contracts from bidder pre-qualification, compilation of bid requests, receipt of bids, bid evaluation, through award, monitoring the performance of contractors, back charge procedures, resolution of claims and disputes, and other such related steps.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Direct experience in managing workload distribution and execution of the work, as well as personnel interviewing, selection, development and coaching, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling, transfers and terminations.
- Technical and administrative knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, government and commercial procurement regulations and practices, Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 15 years of progressive related experience. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or equivalent and 21 years of progressive related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency and experience in project Contract operations at both jobsites and office locations.
- Knowledge of personnel procedures and policies. Experience and skill in supervision, including selection, hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, career counseling, and salary administration.
- Thorough knowledge of planning, scheduling, cost control, and quality control functions.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
- Thorough understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
- Candidates possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance equal to or greater than “Secret”
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.