Company : Varaha ClimateAg Private Limited
Salary : ₹12,000 - ₹15,000 a month
Location : Haryana
Company Introduction :
Varaha is a tech startup at the intersection of – climate, agriculture and technology. The startup uses technologies such as Remote sensing, Blockchain, Science-based quantification tools and models.
Varaha is founded by IIM Ahmedabad Alumni with extensive experience with respect to developing and scaling up products and services for farmers. The mission of the company is to provide agriculture as a solution to climate change while helping increasing farmer income.
Position : - Field Investigator
Salary - Rs. 15000 p.m.
Job Location : - Haryana and Punjab
About the role : -
The Field Investigator's responsibilities will include meeting with farmers in the assigned region/area and providing daily reports, including fieldwork planning. During the meetings, the field investigator will be expected to follow all established ethical and survey protocols and to maintain excellent data quality. The field investigator will be responsible for meeting with 30 to 40 farmers on a weekly basis. The Field Investigator will ensure data quality as well as strict compliance to all ethical and survey protocols during the meeting with Farmer and subsequent data management. The Field Investigator shall be directly supervised and work closely with the Field Supervisor and Operation Manager.
The Field Investigator shall be required to:
- Build rapport with farmers along with other soft skills
- Administer research tools – how to ask questions, how to check completed data/input given by farmers to identify issues,
- Administer qualitative interviews – the art of probing, documenting information/insights,
- Troubleshoot minor issues
- Should have expertise in cereal crops cultivation such as rice, wheat, and maize.
- Should have proven experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection,
- Should have experience in data collection through handheld devices (tab/ smartphone) is a plus and should have good written communications and have fluency in relevant local language(s).
- Should have 1-2 years of experience in data collection, user onboarding,
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture
Job Type: Contractual / Temporary
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: ₹12,000.00 - ₹15,000.00 per month
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kaithal, Haryana: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- total work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quantitative research: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
Speak with the employer