Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Business: Credit Analysis Unit- Funds Team
Role Title: Analyst
Global Career Band: GCB7
Location (Country / City): India, Bangalore/ Kolkata
Recruiter Name: Arupula Sushma
Why join us?
Key activity of the CAU Funds Team is to assess traditional funds from a Credit Risk perspective. Key process objectives:
Apart from assisting in timely onboarding of large volumes of funds, the team also reviews them annually. The volume driven Funds business makes it necessary for the team to maintain extensive databases that house varied information on funds.
This team undertakes credit analysis to support lending related decision, making and recommending credit applications dependent on business needs including preparing Credit Proposal [Reviews and New proposals] by undertaking industry & client level analysis of the Fund Managers/Funds and ensuring that all risks to the business, financial and non-financial, are properly recognized and thoughtfully mitigated. The team assists the ICG sector coverage team across geographies.
The team is an active and valued participant in several change, automation and regulatory related initiatives. Split across Bangalore and Kolkata, CAU Funds currently serves the following geographies – HBAP-HBEU and HBUS regions
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies and procedures issued by the Group
- Communicate clearly with team members and other parts of Global Banking & Markets as required
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with issues raised by external regulators.
- Be flexible to support business hours.
- Implement the Group Compliance Policy, as applicable to their role
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with their role, and to ensure that all actions during their employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring
What you’ll do:
- Read & understand Mutual Fund prospectuses especially from a Credit Risk perspective
- Develop and maintain understanding of the financial sector in an environment that changes frequently
- Review of funds’ credit limit requirements, undertaking appropriate analysis and preparation of proposals
- Monitor Fund onboarding
- Support additional activities like inbox monitoring, CBID allocation, quality checking, request allocation, request completion for the team.
- Ability to carry out static data requirement and remediation for the team; primarily on CBID requirements.
- Should support MI report generation and maintenance for the team and proactively take up the responsibility to share the reports with the stake holders.
- Support regulatory remediation with high levels of quality and productivity.
- Ensure timely receipt of updated Fund NAV monitoring records.
- Provide technical advice and assisting Sector Teams as needed.
- Interact extensively with Relationship Managers and other Senior Executives onshore as part of the above activities.
- Completion of regular reporting.
- Ensure that all work is delivered within agreed timeframes and meets the required high quality standard.
- Pro-actively suggest and design improvements in process workflow, where applicable.
- Adhering strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; reporting weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
- Support regulatory related projects along with the BAU work.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
Bachelor Degree in Commerce plus Post Graduation in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent. Additional qualifications that we will look into include Certification from NSE (NCFM Modules) on Mutual Funds, Derivatives, Stock Markets, etc.
What additional skills will be good to have?
Earlier experience in credit process and mutual fund industry will be added advantage (optional).
Link to Candidate User Guide:
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***