|Technical Management Professional|
Technical Management Professional
Company : BT
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
The Azure/AWS Cloud Engineer is responsible for ensuring the performance of the global customer cloud network and maintaining the processes to be able to accommodate significant changes to it. The engineer would assist with the management, support, and oversight of the Azure & AWS virtual network infrastructure environments and business continuity processes during the lifespan of this project. This Candidate will assist with managing, maintaining, and monitoring of all network component including upgrades and documentation. The objective of this role is to support the implementation providing high-quality, cost-effective Azure/AWS cloud support and management to the customer globally. Further objectives include the development of technical solutions to meet business requirements, according to the pre-defined standards.
The Implementation Engineer is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This includes project management, pre-sales, customer service, solution design, implementation and technical support. The bespoke nature of the account requires this role to be filled by very high functioning individual who can independently work to achieve the customer’s requirements and perform well in a high-pressure environment and interact with client staff in a professional manner.
The Implementation Engineers also act as liaisons to engineers in the Architecture and Engineering department and have responsibility for change review and approval.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Implementation and change management of cloud changes and ensure all work is carried out to a high standard.
- Identify, analyze and resolve the complex public cloud-based issues.
- Provide Technical Support during major incidents and troubleshooting assistance for complex operational issues impacting network performance
- Provide Root Cause Analysis for Low, Medium and High Severity Incidents.
- Responsible to document all Troubleshooting activities into the incident record/ticket
- Co-ordinate with the various stakeholders to resolve regional/global problems.
- Further development of existing network infrastructure.
- Provide a technical point of contact between user/IT groups to ensure effective support.
- Project collaboration with Implementation and Engineering teams.
- Interface to external vendors to ensure high standard of fault resolutions
- Develop good technical awareness of new product developments in emerging technologies.
- Manage own work effort effectively with minimum supervision.
- Work on own initiative, recommending and implementing improvements to the network.
- Train and develop team to ensure that there is an adequate supply of trained manpower in the said technology and deliver risks are mitigated.
- Risk Analysis and Validate Changes to minimize the impact
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Determining implementation time frames and risks - Coordinating and gaining consensus on change windows with change management and other IT teams and LBM’s
- Submission and tracking of Change Management RFCs for implementation
- Coordinating the installation of equipment and connections with Move/Add/Change team
- Testing of network connectivity post implementations
- Ensuring Compliance of all Changes with Client standards
- Ensure proper Closeout of project and move-to-production process is adhered to.
- Provide Tier 3 Technical Support during major incidents and troubleshooting assistance for complex long-term issues impacting network performance.
- Provide Technical consultation as requested by the customer
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
You'll have the following skills & experience
Work Experience/Background of Support Cloud Engineer:
A minimum of 3+ years of experience working in Azure & AWS cloud network and experience in the following areas:
- Good understanding of key technologies in Data Networks like IPSEC, BGP etc.
- Manage public cloud-based solutions, optimized reference applications, elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns.
- Creation/Modification of Azure VNET’s, resource group and route table & subnet.
- Should have good knowledge of IAM, Identity policies.
- Split subnet and configure subnet for DHCP etc, and should have Postman Win experience and Knowledge.
- Expérience of Azure Firewall & Network Security Gateway (NSG) including load balancers.
- Experience in Azure products is essential e.g. ASR 1000 router, Azure Load Balancer, Arista virtual router and Azure DNS entry, end-point and private link.
- Experience in AWS products like Direct connect, transit gateways, VPC, VACL, VPC Peering, AWS IAM, Cloud Watch, AWS Monitoring, Cloud watch metrics & NAT gateway.
- Should have experience in site-site VPN, Virtual private gateway & Azure vWAN..
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP
- Familiar with Monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix, Extra Hop, Thousand Eyes, Sevone)
- Familiar with Service Now for Incident/Change Management
- Experience in Cisco products is essential (e.g. ISR G3, ASR 1000, vEdge 2000/5000)
- Cisco Routing and Switching (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Ether channel, Multicast
- VPN: IPSEC and DMVPN
- QOS: Class and Quality of service configurations
Requirements of Support Cloud Engineer:
- Degree in IT (Networks or Telecommunication preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Cloud Azure services.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred
Candidates with the following certifications would be preferred.
- Fundamentals Exam AZ-900 & AZ-700
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner CLF-C01
COVID-19 Notice: We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in BT. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice - which includes video interviews and virtual onboarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!