|Maritime Domain Awareness Information Sharing - IORIS Trainer (M/W)|
Maritime Domain Awareness Information Sharing - IORIS Trainer (M/W)
Company : Expertise France
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Himachal Pradesh
Expertise France is the public agency of French international technical cooperation. The agency operates around four priorities:
- democratic, economic and financial governance;
- security and stability of countries in crisis/post-crisis situations;
- sustainable development;
- strengthening health systems, social protection and employment.
In these areas, Expertise France carries out engineering and implementation missions for capacity building projects, mobilizes technical expertise and acts as an aggregator of projects involving public expertise and private know-how.
With an activity volume of 233 million euros, more than 400 projects in portfolio in 80 countries, and 63,000 days of expertise, Expertise France focuses its action towards France’s solidarity policy, influence and economic diplomacy.
- Promote CRIMARIO and IORIS in South Asia
As part of CRIMARIO’s expansion, it is necessary to ensure that beneficiary partners are well abreast of cooperative opportunities with CRIMARIO, in both the information-exchange and maritime law enforcement domain. In this context, the expert is expected to promote the project and use of the IORIS platform for training, exercises, and day-to-day maritime operations. The ambition will be for the Expert to ensure that adequate training is provided to targeted partners, to the point where respective authorities can continue to deliver continuity training independently.
For overall guidance concerning regional and national engagements, the Expert shall report directly to the Project Director.
For matters concerning MDA/Information-sharing, the Expert shall seek guidance from the MDA/Info-sharing component manager.
For matters concerning maritime law enforcement capacity building and exercises, the Expert shall seek guidance from the Law Enforcement/Capacity Building Manager
For matters concerning IORIS training, the Expert shall liaise with the Senior IORIS Trainer.
- Promote and oversee all CRIMARIO engagements in South Asia, maintaining a healthy link to national agencies (both civilian and military) as well as relevant regional organisations.
- Enhance use of IORIS by national agencies (both civilian and military) involved in the action of state at sea, in the Indo-Pacific until the end of the project.
- Support the delivery of training courses, command-post exercises (CPX) and table-top (TTX) exercises as required.
- Prepare and deliver focussed training / webinar / seminar presentations as required.
- Improve IORIS functionalities.
Description of the tasks to be assigned.
- The Expert will be required to promote and oversee all CRIMARIO engagements in South Asia, maintaining a healthy link to national agencies (both civilian and military) as well as relevant regional organisations.
- The expert will be required to deliver, or facilitate the delivery of, IORIS training courses to the benefit of national agencies (both civilian and military) involved in the action of state at sea, in the Indo-Pacific until the end of the project, including:
- Record daily participation for the event.
- Participating in hot and cold debriefs of the training event.
- Obtaining participant feedback from each course delivered to facilitate improvements to the course curriculum
- The Expert will facilitate in the administration and delivery of any other training course, CPX/TTX, as required at the national or regional level, including the drafting of any relevant documentation.
- In addition, the Expert will lead/support efforts to prepare and deliver focussed training / webinar / seminar presentations as required.
- Though training materials will be provided by the CRIMARIO team, the expert may be required to assist when updates are necessary.
- The Expert will be expected to conduct/support any other action related to CRIMARIO II, as requested by the Project Director.
Enhanced level of cooperation with regional partners in South Asia, especially in use of IORIS.
- For each training / webinar / seminar / event, the ambition is to maximize the experience and increase the knowledge base of the beneficiaries.
Senior IORIS Trainer
As part of CRIMARIO’s expansion, it is necessary to ensure that beneficiary partners are able to use the IORIS platform effectively, for exercises, and day-to-day maritime operations, with the ultimate ambition of enabling respective authorities to be able deliver continuity training independently. In this context, the Senior IORIS Trainer is the Key Expert tasked with the overall implementation and supervision of IORIS training and exercises across the Indo-Pacific.
The Senior IORIS Expert will report to the Project Director, whilst seeking guidance and supporting Component Managers. He will also work closely with the IORIS Coordinator and Regional Representatives to make sure that all efforts are well coordinated, to maximise best use of available resources.
- Preparation IORIS Course Curricula
- Preparation of Training Materials
- Planning and oversight of IORIS training courses and one-day table-top (TTX) exercises
- Provide IORIS demonstrations as necessary to national and regional organisations.
Contribute to the constant improvement of IORIS functionalities.
- Description of the tasks to be assigned.
- Prepare IORIS Course Curricula in close consultation with the two Component Managers
- Review and improve IORIS training materials.
- Plan and conduct IORIS training courses in close consultation with the Law Enforcement Component Manager, the IORIS Coordinator and the Regional Representatives, after direction from the Project Director.
- Plan and support STE Points of Contacts in conducting one-day table-top exercises for countries using IORIS, on a monthly basis, if at all possible.
- Receive feedback from countries and trainers on training activities to improve related CRIMARIO activities.
- Deliver demonstrations on the IORIS platform whenever requests are made through the Project Director.
- Contribute to the constant improvement of IORIS functionalities by seeking feedback for IORIS users and trainers, and relaying this with a personal opinion to the MDA / Info-Exchange Component Manager.
Conceived as a tool to tackle trans-regional crime, the maritime component of Instrument Contributing to Stability and Peace - Critical Maritime Routes program has launched a number of initiatives in the maritime domain aiming the twofold objective of securing the Sea Lanes of Communication and protect the economy of the EU.
Between 2015 and 2020, CRIMARIO I delivered activities to enhance MDA in the South Indian Ocean Region, laying important groundwork for maritime data information exchange through development of the Indian Ocean Regional Information Sharing & Incident Management Network (IORIS).
CRIMARIO II will continue the process of outreach to expand the use of the IORIS platform among different stakeholders, namely in the Eastern Indian Ocean and South East Asia. In this regard, CRIMARIO II will offer a step further and help to map different approaches and expertise in maritime security through shaping and strengthening a cooperative domain awareness community as well as law enforcement capacities in the Indian Ocean region.
The project will contribute to the strengthening of local capacity of regional maritime surveillance centres and other national agencies involved in maritime security by fostering a culture of inter-agency coordination and regional cooperation.
- Component 1 : Interoperable data gathering/information sharing system to promote MDA
- Component 2 : Strengthened maritime surveillance, policing, investigation, and judiciary
- Component 3 : Compliance with international regulations
This 4-year project of 7.5 million euros will be implemented by a team of a 6 Key Expert. Short term expertise is strengthenig the permanent team.
Qualification and skills
- Sound qualifications in Maritime Security and/or maritime and/or military.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication skills, sense of diplomacy
General and specific professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in maritime security domain
- Experience in maritime information management , operational coordination, and information sharing.
- Proven experience in training and capacity building of staff belonging to maritime administrations
- Experience of international cooperation inter-administrations
- Regional and international mobility is viewed as essential in the completion of the expected tasks
- Team spirit
- Working experience in Indian Ocean and/or Asia will be considered as an asset