|DRA Investigator GSC's|
DRA Investigator GSC's
Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Telangana
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Assistant Manager Dynamic Risk Assessment Investigator.
- The DRA Investigator role is an entry-level role within Investigative Reporting and the incumbent will be expected to develop their investigative knowledge, skills and experience whilst in role and a training and accreditation programme will be delivered to support individuals in developing their skills and achieving the required level of competency. It is envisaged that once role holders have developed their skills and, once eligible, they may wish to apply for and progress to a GCB6 Investigator role.
- The role holder is responsible for ensuring that assigned cases are thoroughly and professionally investigated and, where appropriate, reported to the authorities in accordance with applicable proceeds of crime/regulatory requirements. It is the responsibility of the jobholder to decide whether activity is suspicious and therefore requiring reporting to the authorities (via escalation and recommendation to the onshore decisioning team with the delegated authority of the MLRO).
- On receipt of a referral, conduct a review, in line with the instructions, in order to identify any probable financial crime related issues, or mitigation of any financial crime risks.
- Responsible for writing a high quality investigative narrative (Investigation Report) and to record the case history, with supporting findings, in an approved case management system.
- During or at the end of each investigation, review recommendations should be made which may include referral to the MLRO as to whether a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) should be filed or not. In consultation with the respective Manager, escalate investigations to appropriate other teams for co-ordination and further review as required (Sanctions, ABC, Major Investigations, etc).
- In consultation with the respective Manager, where appropriate, interact with relevant stakeholders, including Complex and Major Investigations, and Customer Selection Exit Management (CSEM) (CSEM) Secretariat to manage financial crime risk.
- Assess the quality of Know Your Customer (KYC) information and processes as part of investigation, and where appropriate, refer actions any issues to the appropriate function.
- In consultation with the respective Manager, provide information on completed investigations to Senior Management and other internal stakeholders for risk management, where appropriate.
- This is an entry-level investigative role and the incumbent will be expected to develop their investigative knowledge, skills and experience whilst in role Written record in all corresponding case file of recommendation and associated referrals for action, to include reference to reporting to the regulator, where appropriate.
- Report is sufficient in scope and detail to have addressed the substantive issues and the final recommendation has a proper foundation in fact and concurs with the issues discovered during the review.
- Conclusions and recommendations that demonstrate risk-based decision making, and a willingness to take responsibility for that decision, as well as strong and clear supporting rationale, without losing sight of speed to conclude and report to the authorities and executive management, where appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate pro-active use of media reports and relevant websites to gather intelligence and identify customers of HSBC involved in financial crime, including money laundering and terrorism.
- Produce a high quality case file including a comprehensive narrative and recommendation as to whether or not a SAR is appropriate with onward escalation for disclosure to the relevant authorities in accordance with procedural standards
- Identify appropriate referrals for action, and effecting of such in accordance with procedural standards.
- Process a proportionate number of investigations to the agreed procedural standards required and within agreed service level agreements.
- Ensure appropriate consideration given to each case as to content and quality of content/narrative.
- Determine whether the case warrants escalation to other Investigations teams, taking care to evaluate appropriately against relevant escalation criteria.
- Ensure reports are processed to the standard required and within agreed timescales.
- Feedback provided by Investigations management and other stakeholders.
- All team members should be sufficiently apprised of the applicable standards and methodology.
- The measure of performance will be predicated upon the quality, cogency and veracity of the completed casework as part of the Manager Review, Quality Assurance, or any audit process
- Ensure documents on file are comprehensive and easily retrievable.
- Ensure performance meets the requirements of any relevant service level agreements and at all times, adheres to UK, Local, Group and Regulatory policies.
- Generate ideas to improve team and process efficiencies.
- Performance against Service Level Agreements and quality measurements
- The job holder is part of a team consisting of 10 to 12 other investigators and a team manager.
- Universal banking experience across Retail, Commercial and Banking and Markets
- Money Laundering investigations experience including understanding transaction monitoring scenarios
- Familiarity and experience with transaction monitoring and associated systems and case management systems
- (Universal Case Management (UCM))
- Experience with banking core customer data management systems (i.e. HSBC Browser Main Menu (BMM) system)
- Experience of identifying activity indicative of financial crime risk, i.e. money laundering, terrorist financing, etc. risk
- Experience in undertaking investigations/analysis into customer activity with the ability to draw inferences from noted behaviour, including transactional profile, against expectation established from KYC/CDD data
- Experience in writing reports
- Proven high quality spoken and written communication skills with the ability to draft reports and communicate conclusions effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Consistently achieve objectives set and take action to improve own performance
- Strong organisational skills
- Collaborative working style with colleagues and broader stakeholders within a cross-border and LoB matrix organisation
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***