Company : EdKosmos
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Chandigarh
EdKosmos is an online platform that connects students throughout Canada with prestigious academic institutions and private colleges to help them get the finest education possible. Edkosmos is based in Toronto, Ontario. We are currently searching for an active and outgoing Database Administrator to help in keeping track of the company's data. The successful candidate will ensure the company's data is secured from unauthorized access or accidental loss.
- install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Knowledge of Apache, HTML, Java, SQL servers, MySQL, Oracle RAC, or related programs
- Familiar with the Linux and UNIX platforms as well as programs like Microsoft Access and Oracle.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Degree in IT, computer science, computer information systems (CIS), or another related field
- 2-5 years of experience with database programming languages such as PL/SQL coding in the related field field
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with database development and management software
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and manage time efficiently
- Strong aptitude for mathematics
Job Types: Full-time, Regular / Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oracle: 1 year (Preferred)