Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Business: HSBC GBMC Credit Analysis Unit – Corporates / FIG
Open positions: 1
Role Title: Analyst / Associate / Senior Associate
Global Career Band: 6
Location (Country / City ): Bangalore
Recruiter Name : Arupula SUSHMA
Our objective is to provide Global Banking and Markets with a single, global onboarding and account maintenance service that uses service company operating principles and a consistent service proposition to deliver high-quality client service, robust client diligence, and process excellence and standardization across each onboarding function from one integrated global team.
What you’ll do:
The Role requires the Analysts to be a part Corporates/FIG Credit Analysis Team in Kolkata which supports UK, US, France, Hong Kong, Middle East, Japan, India, Singapore, Canada & Spain. In addition the analyst would also be required to liaise with the business and locally with the supporting Departments which would enable him/her to carry out the duties.
Primary Responsibilities will include the following activities:
- Undertake high quality industry, competitor and client level analysis for Global Banking (GB) Relationship Management (RM) Team.
- Analysis of financial documentation and supplemental data to support lending decision-making and recommending credit requests to appropriately meet business needs.
- Preparing credit analyses in support of new and existing business relationships.
- Personally develop and maintain strong working relationships with GBM Relationship Managers / Associates along with executives in Risk to ensure that all risks to the business, financial and non-financial, are properly recognized and thoughtfully mitigated in proposals.
- Ensure that all work is delivered within agreed timeframes, PLAs and meets the required high quality standard.
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies, FIM guidelines and procedures issued by the Group.
- Pro-actively suggest and design improvements in process workflow, where applicable.
- Communicate clearly with team members and other parts of GBM as required.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards.
- Need to implement the Group Compliance Policy, as applicable to their role.
- Need to be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with their role, and to ensure that all actions during their employment with HSBC take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Adhering strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices; reporting weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
However, depending on the relevant experience, skill and competence, he or she can be given additional responsibilities like undertaking quality checks, mentoring and training new joinees etc.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- C.A. / Masters in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent is essential and any professional qualification is desirable.
- Highly proficient at Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English, proficient in credit writing in English, hard-working, organized, diligent, and above all a good team player
Link to Candidate User Guide:
Go to the below link and type “IND GSC : IJP Applicant User Guide” in search bar.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***