|SMTS - Opportunity for Working Remotely Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
SMTS - Opportunity for Working Remotely Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Company : VMware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andhra Pradesh
The vSphere Storage team engages in every phase of the software development life cycle acting as trusted advocate for the customers. VMware storage stack caters to the diverse storage needs in the virtualized storage world, including block file and object storage. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building engineering systems, tools and devising strategies for delivering a complex and high quality storage subsystem for VMware products.
Cloud Native Applications(CNA) and Cloud Native Storage(CNS)
VMware offers cloud-native solutions across container networking, security, storage, automation, operations and monitoring for enterprises and service providers. vSphere Integrated Containers provides enterprise container infrastructure to help IT run traditional and containerized applications side-by-side on a common platform while providing developers with a familiar Docker interface.
Engineers are expected to collaborate with all stakeholders including Engineering teams, Product Managers, Release Managers and various cross functional teams to deliver state of the art solutions for the emerging cloud market. As part of vSphere Storage System Test, you will be a leader and evangelist for fast paced engineering practices. You will work at conceptual and code level to create practical, cost effective solutions for product engineering. Based on your vast experience you will lead in the adoption of industry best practices. You will be working closely with various engineering teams to participate in design reviews as well as coordinate the smooth integration of feature delivery into the product and help ship high quality VMware products. It’s a test-developer role that involves working alongside multiple product development teams to build tests and tools to be used by development team as well as used in product test lifecycle. You will be responsible for designing and delivering an end to end automation system which is sustainable and scalable. It’s an opportunity to be part of building next generation technologies like Hyper Converged Infrastructure and Storage, SDDC as a Service, Cloud Native Storage Applications and Cloud Computing Infrastructure
- Design, develop and execute comprehensive automation strategy and test code in a large scale framework that tests multi-dimensional aspects of storage virtualization for VMware vSphere products.
- Continuously apply innovation to deliver high quality products to customers.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of key processes and participate in continuous improvement activities like RCCA, project retrospectives, and related Initiatives.
- Evangelize the adoption of new tools and practices to improve quality and efficiency.
- Analyse and root-cause issues and report product defects and collaborate with other engineering groups towards resolution.
Competencies & Technical Skills:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Windows/Linux operating systems/networking
- Understanding of Kubernetes and Docker technologies.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, C++
- Exposure to Test Driven Development practices.
- Exposure to High-Fidelity test environments.
- Broad technical knowledge including:
- Operating system fundamentals (task scheduling, memory management)
- Familiarity with WSDL, SOAP, XML - Basic systems administration (installing and configuring operating systems and hardware)
- Software Development lifecycle - Good software engineering practices - Basic software design principles and understanding of OO design principles
- Understanding of storage technologies (SCSI/ RAID/ FC/ iSCSI/ NAS/SAS) on various storage device
Storage & Availability: Companies churn out mountains of data that they must store, secure, and quickly make available to the right people across the enterprise. To meet that challenge, VMware’s Storage and Availability team builds innovative solutions for all workloads in private, public, and hybrid cloud environments. Our leading-edge solutions help customers get the most value from their data so they can realize the full potential of digital transformation. For example, our hyper-converged infrastructure solutions powered by VMware vSAN can cut total cost of ownership by 50% or more while helping 75% of our customers achieve equal or higher performance than their existing storage solutions. Do you want to help develop game-changing storage solutions like these? On our team, you’ll gain valuable expertise in this critical technology and the customer challenges it can solve. Plus, you’ll work in a dynamic environment where you can be creative, share your ideas, test new initiatives, and grow your career.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-01-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.