|Senior Associate - Retail Operations|
Senior Associate - Retail Operations
Company : Fidelity International
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
About the opportunity
Driven by our values of Integrity and Trust; Fidelity’s client-focused vision is “to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future”. The Client Engagement team supports Fidelity’s retail and workplace investing business channels. It plays a critical role in capturing and addressing the needs of our customers and establishing a consistent voice in response to those client needs; whether expressed through feedback, complaints or social media.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Team Manager in a complaints team, you will be responsible for investigating, resolving and responding to complaints which could carry a financial, regulatory or reputational implication for the business. The role is extremely varied and provides a great foundation for fulfilling your career aspirations.
Our complaints cover a range of products and services offered by Fidelity and may be regulated and complex in nature. In line with regulations, you will investigate complaints thoroughly, find solutions, solve problems and make impartial decisions to determine fair outcomes for those that have complained. Throughout the process you will liaise with clients, IFA’s and third parties as well as internal stakeholders and in doing so you will opine on every case, at all levels.
The role of a complaint handler is key to help drive client centric change within the business through solid reasoning and accurate audit of all complaint cases. Furthermore, you will be empowered to identify improvements that can be made to our processes and procedures to prevent future occurrences of these issues.
Fidelity is passionate about the service it offers its customers and you will play a critical role in influencing the external perception of Fidelity’s brand. You will be responsible for customer care and delivering excellent customer service in a timely manner. Our aim is to address each complaint with a level of detail and quality that exceeds customer expectations. Irrespective of the outcome of their complaint, we strive to inspire loyalty from each customer by turning a negative experience into a positive one.
- Deal with all complaint cases you are allocated to agreed business standards and in line with regulations
- Work efficiently to ensure a significant contribution in reducing the stock of complaints or keeping the volumes at an acceptable level
- Communicate effectively with clients over the phone and in writing in a friendly, empathetic and professional way
- Use effective questioning to fully understand the nature of a complaint and its impact on the client and Fidelity
- Use all available sources of information, knowledge and investigative skills to fully explore complaints, identify errors and resolve them to the satisfaction of the client and Fidelity
- Capture all details and progress of a complaint in a structured way, categorising it in accordance with the standards of the business and the regulator
- Take ownership for continued learning of Fidelity’s products, services, systems and processes
- Keep regulatory knowledge and competencies required for the role up-to-date
- Identify and suggest ways to improve the customer experience, customer service and complaint handling
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, sharing specialist knowledge and skills within the business to educate and enable others to improve the customer experience and to avoid or resolve customer complaints
- Develop a network of contacts throughout the business to facilitate the gathering of information and to use in providing expert guidance when resolving complaints
- Support Fidelity’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) framework, ensuring concerns are promptly reported
- Escalate matters that have regulatory / reputational / financial risk
- Ensure the reputation and business integrity of Fidelity is upheld at all times
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Formal complaint handling experience
- Relevant financial services background (preferably UK mutual funds and/or life and pensions)
- CISI Introduction to Securities and Investments (or commitment to gain qualification within 4 years of start date)
- In-depth knowledge of Fidelity’s products, services, systems and processes would be an advantage
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to manage and prioritise several tasks simultaneously, working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Problem solver with keen analytical and investigative skills
- Confident questioning and effective listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external customers, verbally and in writing
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Proactive team player with initiative and a strong desire to make things happen; able to anticipate difficult situations and find practical solutions to issues as they arise
- Commitment, professionalism and maturity
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook and Excel
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $783.6 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
We are committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our business, our colleagues and our clients. We offer the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. We call this new approach "dynamic working".
Find out more about what we do, our history, our new approach of "dynamic working" and how you could be a part of our future at https://careers.fidelityinternational.com/about-us