|Senior Associate - Corporate Relations|
Senior Associate - Corporate Relations
Company : WRI India
Salary : ₹10,00,000 - ₹11,50,000 a year
Location : Delhi
Sr. Project Associate –Corporate Relations
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
About the Role:
WRI India is seeking a Senior Project Associate – Corporate Relations in the Development Function to develop and execute a strategy to build partnerships with Corporates and Corporate Foundations, and secure resources to advance the objectives and goals of the organization.
The role will work with WRI India’s Lead - Institutional Development to raise project-based and institutional funding (both flexible and unrestricted) from Corporates/Corporate Foundations, as well as maintain and strengthen relationships with these donors. The role will also be required to ensure that partnerships are build with sources that do not conflict with WRI India’s values and mission.
The role requires a strong grounding in, or knowledge of, fundraising, partnership development and sustainability. It will also require hands-on experience engaging with the private sector on issues of corporate social responsibility, and building relationships with a wide range of organizations. The position also requires a proven track record of raising funds and an ability to think and act strategically, taking on ambitious fundraising goals.
How your day will unfold:
Develop a Corporate Relations function for WRI India
- Identify opportunities for collaboration between the sustainability programs of Corporate Entities, and WRI India projects or programs seeking funding.
- In collaboration with strategic alliance directors, program directors and managers, develop and manage the donor pipeline for corporate donors
- Support donor cultivation efforts, including developing contacts and relationships with current and potential donors, organizing meetings, leading preparatory efforts for key meetings, and tracking donor engagement with an emphasis on improving donor relationships
- In accordance with WRI India’s values and objectives , develop an outreach and engagement strategy resulting in joint projects/workshops with companies to build WRI India’s profile, particularly with the Indian corporate sector
Administration, logistics and management
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records of donors and track utilization of funds using Salesforce
- Track and map all donor outreach activities for WRI India, including approaches to international donors
- Develop effective management reports on fundraising activities
- Work closely with program teams to learn the intricacies of our projects, structure, and deepen the focus areas for financial support, become resourceful and contribute to the success of these initiatives
- Communication materials for development (including PPTs, capability statements, project references, etc.)
- Coordinate with the Communications team to collect and produce case studies and program stories for donor-centric communications and marketing materials
- Prepare briefing materials for the CEO or Strategy Head for donor presentations and/or meetings.
Qualifications And Requirements We Seek:
- 6-8 years of experience of working in the development sector, or demonstrated familiarity with corporate fundraising
- Proven track record in fundraising or business development
- Proven experience of working with the private sector.
- Knowledge of Sustainability programs for Corporate Entities will be an added advantage
- Able to effectively manage own workflow after ensuring understanding of expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve range of general problems independently and provide input to complex and sensitive problems;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Proven relationship building skills;
- Proficiency in MS-Office required, experience with fundraising databases such as Salesforce is preferred;
- A committed team player and an ability to prioritize and deliver on commitments;
- Delivers oral presentations with competence and confidence.
Duration: Full-time, term hire for a period of two years which is extendable at the discretion of WRI India
Location: New Delhi and Mumbai
Salary and Benefits: 10,00,000 INR to 11,50,000 INR CTC Per annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.