|Roster for Systems Unit Lead|
Roster for Systems Unit Lead
Company : World Health Organization
Salary : ₹1,13,970 a month
Location : Delhi
Objectives of the Programme and of the immediate Strategic Objective
WHO India Country Office collaborates with the Government of India and relevant stakeholders within the framework of the collaborative Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), to actively support the development and implementation of national health policies, strategies and plans aiming at promoting access to and utilization of affordable and quality health services and improving the financial protection against health-related risks.
The Country Office contributes to providing technical support in developing national policies, strategies and activities in the area of health systems strengthening including, (i) advocating for Universal Health Coverage and building up national capacity in UHC-related matters (ii) facilitating the adoption of evidence -based public health interventions as well as appropriate reforms/changes with a view to promote equity and accelerate the movement towards universal health coverage.
Underlying Values and Core Functions of WHO
All the Member States of WHO in the South East Asia Region (SEAR) share the common value of the highest attainable standard of health as a fundamental human right. All of WHO actions are based on this and rooted in the underlying values of equity, solidarity and participation.
WHO’s mandate revolves around six (6) leadership priorities specifying (i) advancing universal health coverage (ii) health related sustainable development goals (iii) addressing the challenge of non-communicable diseases and mental health, violence and injuries and disabilities (iv) implementing the provisions of the International Health Regulations (2005) (v) increasing access to quality, safe, efficacious and affordable medical products (vi) addressing the social, economic and environmental determinants of health.
The South – East Asia Region of WHO is made up of 11 countries, with over 1.8 billion people, with India’s population of 1.3 billion. The diversity of people and health situations requires, on the demand side, a solid understanding of the emerging socio-economic, epidemiologic and demographic patterns and trends at both aggregate as well as national and sub-national levels, with due sensitivity to disadvantaged populations and vulnerable segments of society. On the supply side, it is equally crucial to have a solid understanding of the commonalities and divergences of the health systems as well as of the circumstances and political economy under which they have evolved and operate.
Description of duties:
Under the managerial oversight of the NPSP Team Leader and day to day supervision of NPO – Data and Programme Management, with a view to achieve the expected results set out in the relevant WCO India work plans in accordance with the WHO’s Country Cooperation Strategy with India, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities in her/his assigned area of work:
1.Oversee and manage all systems development / maintenance activities, including supervision of Systems Analysts and Assistant Systems Analysts;
2. Manage designing, development, installation and implementation of various software application tools at the national and subnational level for surveillance, supplementary immunization activities (SIA) and routine immunization activities (RI) of Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP), Measles-Rubella (MR), other Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD), Neglected Tropical diseases (NTDs) and Adverse Event Following Immunization (AEFI) including various research activities;
3. Plan and provide trainings on the optimal use of the software application tools;
4. Prepare the documentation on all the aspects of various data management systems and tools, algorithms of all the programs written; data dictionary comprising of the names of the databases and listing of the variables; data storage mechanisms, training manual to be used by the end-users;
5. Explore the possibility of modernizing the data management systems by using advanced hardware, software tools and Geographical Information System (GIS);
6. Responsible for timely collection, validation and analysis of surveillance, immunization and research studies data from field officers, state governments, project laboratories, private and other volunteer sources;
7. Coordinate with and support the national data management team in data management activities;
8. Limit the risk of data loss by taking regular back-ups, implementing steps necessary to ensure that Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) Data processing environment is free of virus problems and ensuring that WHO informatics standards are implemented; and
9. Support any other programme supported by the organization and perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s) with objectives of improved information management for surveillance and immunization activities.
Essential: Secondary, technical or commercial school
Desirable: Graduate / Post Graduate degree in computer science, information technology or related field from a recognized university
Computer skills: Extensive software programming experience and ability to independently develop applications in one or more of JAVA/J2EE, Springboot, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL, SQL, Developer, PGADMIN, DBeaver, Toad, Benthic, Putty and Jasper Reports, VB, C#, ACCESS, and web/mobile-based application development etc.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from accredited institutions. The list can be accessed through this link: http://www.whed.net/
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing results
5. Knowing and managing yourself
Essential: At least ten (10) years of experience in software programming / development.
Desirable: Experience of work in WHO/UN/ International organization or Multi National Company (MNC)/reputed Indian Company/non-government organization (NGO).
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
- Monthly remuneration is INR 113,970/- taxable as per Indian laws and the appointment will be through Special Services Agreement (SSA) extendable subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the function. S/he could be posted anywhere in India as per the Project needs.
- This position will be filled only by a national of India and only Indian Nationals should apply.
- The incumbent should contribute to ensuring high professional, ethical, and institutional standards of the Organization. S/he should also meet professional conduct expectations, and basic universal norms of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and lawful behavior. This includes compliance with the above, including ability to: perform within existing organizational structures and governance; adhere to WHO's processes; demonstrate gender and cultural sensitivity; demonstrate respectful and constructive interpersonal communication; perform as a team player; and demonstrate due diligence. Those who are interested may wish to go to following link and apply: http://www.who.int/careers/en/
- Applications which are not filled in all respects will not be considered.
- A written test and interviews will be used as a form of screening
- WHO IS COMMITTED TO WORKFORCE DIVERSITY.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or other tobacco users.