Company : International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
ICCT seeks a Managing Director to manage and lead its India portfolio. The ideal candidate is dedicated to the field of addressing air pollution and greenhouse gas emission reduction from the transportation sector in India and globally. Such an individual must possess the ability to manage high-quality staff, the technical background to contribute to policy discussions, and the interpersonal skills to work across agencies and technical institutions. This position is based in New Delhi and reports to ICCT’s Deputy Director in the U.S.
The individual will have the opportunity to access and contribute to cutting-edge clean transportation policy research works and get connected with a wide range of stakeholders including policy makers, experts in the field and industrial leaders.
The ICCT has established an excellent reputation in India with over 10 years of project experience supporting national and local regulators. At present, there are 10 India-based staff consultants who work on the India activities of the ICCT. For more information, please visit our website: www.theicct.org, and our India program page: https://www.theicct.org/India
- Work under the Deputy Director of ICCT and closely with an existing India-based team to develop, implement on a day-to-day basis, and sustain an ICCT India strategy to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transport sector in India
- Manage India program including objectives, work plans, budget, staff, and recruitment in close partnership with Program Directors and Leads; monitor policy progress and developments in India and suggest regular adjustments to ICCT’s strategy as necessary
- Maintain and grow ICCT’s strategic relationships with key stakeholders including government agencies, research institutes, NGOs and academic partners, and industry
- Guide ICCT’s India communications and outreach strategy (including internal government outreach and daily external media outreach) to support the ICCT’s Vision 2050 (https://theicct.org/publications/vision2050)
- Represent the ICCT in meetings with government agencies to fulfill requirements of the international NGO’s daily operations. Lead in preparing and filing reporting documents to the agencies as necessary
- Identify local funding opportunities and support fundraising activities in India
- Demonstrated in-depth experience and strong working relationships with government agencies and research institutions at the national and local levels
- Technical background or experience relevant to transportation, energy, or environmental issues
- Preferably 10+ years of applicable research experience with demonstrated project management and staff supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong leadership skills, a team player, and high levels of self-motivation
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Proficiency with more than one Indian language, including Hindi, is preferred
- Interest in working in an international environment with a highly diverse employee population
- Development/fundraising success preferred
- Public outreach and media experience preferred
- Willingness to travel domestically, as well as internationally, from time to time
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and experiences, resume, and two writing samples of technical reports or memos.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.