|AWM - Asset Management - Alternatives Private Equity Operations - Associate|
AWM - Asset Management - Alternatives Private Equity Operations - Associate
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial institution with assets under management of more than $2.9 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Asset Management Operations division of the firm is recruiting for Finance and Accounting team within the Alternatives Operations team to support functions across our Real Estate, Global Transportation, Private Equity, Private Credit and Hedge Fund platforms. The team supports several processes for Global Alternatives investments, including: trade support, cash management, transaction processing, data compilation and validation, and direct front office exposure to ongoing portfolio management and for new client or product launches.
The candidate must be able to support multiple processes and project deliverables simultaneously while also thinking strategically to align with the organization's broader goals and objectives. The candidate will have exposure to various alternatives product types for institutional, insurance, pension, and retirement accounts. This will involve working closely with various internal and external teams and the business to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Quarter end property financial statements review, GAAP adjustments, variance analysis, Asset and Debt appraisals, Quarter end trial balance sign off.
- Review of Fund Financial Statements and NAV pricing.
- Calculate Investment / Asset level NAV's & performance like IRR & Equity Multiple. Fair understanding of management fees, incentive fees, waterfall and IRR computation
- Financial reporting and reconciliations. Good conceptual knowledge in accounting principles, understanding of the IFRS, US GAAP reporting and financial statement reviews under US GAAP
- Analysis of financial statements and other financial reports of investments to determine reasonability, accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts like Deferred Tax.
- Creation of yearly budget templates and review of Investment budgets.
- Reviewing / supporting on funding requests.
- Provide requisite financial information to auditors and experience in handling regulatory reporting requirements
- Other allied financial procedures and any other requests from Controllers / Portfolio Managers
- Communicate with various external parties and take ownership of the review of business critical financials received.
- Liaising with multiple stake holders within the organization, Fund administrators and Auditors on various requirements.
- Qualified CA with 3 years of experience in Fund accounting and / or Fund reporting
- Understanding of Real Estate Business, Transportation Funds or Private Equity Fund structures
- Experience in review of Financial Statements and variance analysis
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and concepts
- Good analytical skills, eye for number, Strong accounting knowledge
- Good communication skills, both written and oral and ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work in pressure situations and prioritize key tasks effectively
- Project management, ability to manage and organize resources, conduct effective presentations, facilitate meetings and gain consensus around issues
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.