New Job Pb Controllers In Karnataka
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Legal entities in London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Geneva, Singapore and Hong-Kong are being used to provide private banking services to ultra-high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA/ASIA region.
Group Description - The GPB Controllers group performs the following functions:
General Ledger Operation - Prepare, review and approve journal entries, GL Maintenance, review of balance sheet & P &L.
Month-end Close - Calculate, book and oversee accruals and reserves. Prepare and review of revenue & expense variance & trend analysis. Oversight of Inter-company transactions which includes review and resolution of all Inter Company breaks.
Regulatory Reporting - Ensure regulatory reporting is accurate and filed before due date. Coordination of PWC audits & local regulators. Daily collateral monitoring. Provide DRQ & supplementary data to Corporate & Regulatory Groups.
Financial Reporting - Preparation & presentation of Board Packages, Legal Entity Financial Reports etc.
- Controls -Interpretation & implementation of Corporate Accounting Policies, Quarterly review & substantiation of the Other Assets & Liabilities. Maintain WM Finance group CSA in Phoenix , follow up and resolution on the identified Control issues
- Major Corporate and Business Initiatives Support - Provide guidance & support in the New Business initiative process (including new products, merger & Integration).
- Project participation / implementation - Participate in the projects that affect Global Wealth Management Regulatory and General Ledger Balances.
Specifically his/her task will include:
- Assist the project manager on various projects and New Business Initiatives driven by or impacting the GPB Legal Entity Control function.
- Assist in documenting business requirements, tracking project milestones, and working with project manager to ensure that deviations in scope & plan are reported/addressed.
- Participate in project meetings and represent the team's vision accordingly with both business and technology partners.
- Gain insight into the current tools/operating models via knowledge share sessions.
- Engage in new design discussions and assist in documenting existing and future workflow processes.
- Provide continuous feedback on project status to project manager; update project tracker.
- Write test scripts, perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and assist Legal Entity Controllers production checkouts at direction of project manager.
- Provide support for adhoc reports such as Scorecards, Monthly metrics, Headcount & Expense reports etc.
- Exhibit good analytical skills to understand issues and be able to ideate and add value in providing resolution in partnership with the relevant teams
- Strong Excel, Access and Power point skills
- Drive various project deliverables in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Good understanding of business drivers, Private Bank products, PB platforms and systems to be equipped for queries resolution
- Document business requirements, tracking project milestones, and working with the project manager to ensure that deviations in scope & plan are reported/addressed.
- Work closely with Controllers, Technology, Business and other support functions to understand requirements
- Professional qualification or equivalent degree
- 4 to 6 years' experience in accounting / finance department (internal or external)/project management experience
- Audit/accounting Accounting/ Finance knowledge (preferably in the banking/financial) sector,
- Knowledge of project related tasks/aspirations to embrace a career in project management,
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-organization,
- Able to work independently.
- Analytical, communication, organizational skills,
- Strong technology skills including strong PC skills (Excel, Access)
- Added advantage if on specialization in any automated solutions / tools
- Fluent in English.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.