New Job Transportation Operations Lead In Bihar
|Transportation Operations LEAD|
Transportation Operations LEAD
Company : ElasticRun
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Bihar
- As the transportation operations lead, candidate shall report directly to the head of fulfilment and shall have the responsibility of managing the inbound & outbound transportation operations.
- Candidate should be experienced in creating transportation capacity & establishing the required vendor base to ensure smooth & efficient dispatch operations.
- Candidate should have experience in working with period specific contractual vehicle operations with a pay-out linked directly to transportation operations performance.
- Candidate should build healthy pipeline of transport vendors & make arrangements for market hire vehicles as per the requirements
- Candidates should be well versed with the lane wise vehicle wise hiring rates & understand the transportation costing methodology.
- Candidates should have the ability to negotiate with vendors & arrive at the best possible sourcing rates that gives the best-in-class transportation costs.
- Candidate should analyse the dispatch patterns & decide the type & capacity of vehicle that will be apt for the respective lanes & optimizes the unit cost of transportation.
- Drive the dispatch teams to stuff the vehicle in the most appropriate manner which optimizes the vehicle space & capacity utilization & reduces the in-transit damage risk
- Candidates should be able to set right set of performance expectations with the vendors & drivers on the arrival times, transit times & in-transit damages
- Work with the fulfilment centre head to identify opportunities for cost optimization & explore possibilities of combining routes & operating milk runs.
- 5+ years of experience in aggregated capacity transportation operations.
- Candidate should have thorough understanding of transportation costs & prevalent market rates across given lanes
- Candidate should possess a strong analytical bent of mind in terms of understanding the cost structure, vehicle utilization & choosing the right combination of vehicle for a given lane.
- Candidate should possess excellent problem solving abilities & at the same time understand the situations which needs escalation
- Candidate should have excellent network & connect with transport vendors & have proven track record of managing vendor relationships
- Candidate should have good knowledge about transportation industry practices & possess full understanding of full load & part load operations.
- Candidate should be open to travel to different geographical locations as deemed necessary by the competent authorities.
Role:Fleet / Transport Manager
Salary:Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Courier / Logistics
Functional Area:Procurement & Supply Chain
Role Category:SCM & Logistics
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Supply Chain Management
NTex Transportation Services Private Limited
Elasticrun is a Deep-Reach Logistics Platform, unlocking the next wave of consumption in India. Its unique model enables its customers to reach consumers who have been inaccessible through traditional logistics networks. Elasticrun is aggregating kirana stores and other small businesses through mobile technology to create an asset-light logistics network. In addition to the ability to reach deeper rural areas, ElasticRun offers 'elastic capacity' and 'variable cost' logistics network. This enables Elasticrun customers to absorb the high volatility in demand and scale seamlessly on a variable cost model. Elasticrun is a key player to service the low-density areas of India. Through its network, ElasticRun platform would channel trade, finance and data of $500 bn consumption in India. It aspires to become the default enabler of Infrastructure for Indian consumption. ElasticRun was founded by Sandeep Deshmukh, Shitiz Bansal and Saurabh Nigam in 2016. It is backed by Naspers, Kalaari Capital and Avataar Ventures.
Contact Company:NTex Transportation Services Private Limited
Address:Commercial Complex Building D, Unit 16,,4th Floor,, Pimple Saudagar,Pune, PUNE, Maharashtra, India