New job Project Supply Chain Manager in Andhra Pradesh
|Project Supply Chain Manager|
Project Supply Chain Manager
Company : ALSTOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andhra Pradesh
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/ India
Organisational Reporting :
Site Supply Chain Manager (Hierarchical)
Network & Links ( To connect & Collaborate)
- Region / Country Supply Chain team (SC Director, Supplier Control Tower, Transport & Customs control Tower)
- Project Team (Project Planning, Sourcing, Industrialization, Quality etc.. )
- Site Supply Chain team (Procurement, Warehouse, Serial Production co-ord, Method Logistics etc..)
- Direct & In-direct Sourcing
- Warranty team
- Change Control Board, CCB
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To be the Supply Chain (functional) reference to Project from the starting of the project to Project closure.
- To define the Supply Chain strategies specific to project conditions and will be an owner to drive and execute co-ordinating with internal & external links
- To be part of Project Core team to understand the project priorities and complexities and to align with Project team and function on Project Supply Chain deliverables.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain team (Links) and to compliance with the initial budget and limit expenditure on the Project's Supply Chain Package (For CJB- Budget is with SSM, To be discussed with CJB’s Supply Chain Manager)
- Be the Supply Chain Leader from the starting of the project to the project closure including any topics which will be invoiced to the customer (ex: spares parts, warranty, additional finish / semi finish goods, simulator, etc…)
- Understand the unique Geographical, Social, Political environment in which the project operates and create solutions to cater to uniqueness of the project, while remaining with the rules and policies of Alstom and the local government in which the project is located. This would include processes of Planning, Procurement, Warehousing, Transportation and Customs.
- Represent Supply Chain for Project across all sites in India (Coimbatore, Kolkata and Depot wherever applicable) besides RS manufacturing site
- Define the complexity in end to end Supply Chain of Project and to develop strategies / permanent solution (product, processes, SOP, Operational Plan in line to business strategy) to significantly improve and benefit the Project deliverables & business processes.
- Develop the Supply Chain strategy for the Project in line to Organizational strategy (Business & Project) during the start of project as an input to enable the business which includes Lean Process, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Efficiency etc.
- Be a knowledge centre with wide Supply chain knowledge and an expert with deep knowledge with experience to lead and coach the Supply Chain team member to impact change and drive continuous improvement at site.
- During the project ramp-up, he/she is responsible to drive key activities with the project team to ensure all conditions related to supplier deliveries, logistics flows and conditions, stock policy, data and system management are met while meeting logistics QCD objectives defined during tender phase
- Ensuring Supply Chain impacts in all aspects are considered when defining change and to represent Supply Chain in Change Control Board, CCB review to ensure smooth implementation of Change Request, CR and to animate periodically to give visibility on impacts to project & function.
- Coordinate the interfaces between the Supply Chain and the project to guarantee the first deliveries of the parts purchased and secure supplier deliveries for serial production (supplier lead time, BOM released on time, PO released on time, packaging ready on time) à Animate mid-term and long term coverage and follow the action plan with all stakeholders (Industrial Planning, Procurement manager, Serial Production Coordinator, etc…)
- Manage the Supply Chain Maturity Follow Up (i.e. Scope of SC in PMFU + IMFU) to insure the readiness of the complete supply chain department and to actively participate to update the progress during scheduled (weekly, fortnightly) review
- Interface management with external Participate Units and commercial department
- Ensure the integration of logistical needs and policy between ALSTOM Transport suppliers and chains (global logistics scheme and policy, MRP Parameters, logistics specifications, packaging and footprint)
- Formalize and coordinate with SDPM team the supplier’s capacity grid commitment according to the project planning need and identify the opportunities for technical increase of capacity & performance
- To adopt systematic process to Identify critical suppliers and drive preventive action plans in partnership with SDPM and PrSM. To ensure periodic reporting to project & function on criticality / to escalate.
- Guarantee the level of stock according to the objectives of the Supply Chain Department through the negotiation of the logistics plan (firm period, lot size), manage action to clear the obsolete stock (coordinate project decision) during the “series” phase and after the closing phase of the project. .
Qualifications & Skills:
- Engineering Degree holder in supply chain, logistics, transportation, business management
EXPERIENCE / SKILL SET
- Should have around 10+ years in manufacturing industry with relevant experience in any two below functions:
- Production Planning
- Procurement & Supplier Relationship Management
- Warehouse Management
- Logistics Engineering & In-Plant Logistics
- Experience in Greenfield site is desirable
- IT Skills: ERP, MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Language Skills: Proficient in English, Hindi language
- Planning & Organizing
- Supporting, Training & Coaching Staff
- Conflict Management, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Analytical, Problem Solving & Decision Making
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Scheduling Techniques & Inventory management
- Demand Management & Forecasting
- Supplier Relationship Management
- On–time delivery of project based on tender requirements
- Managing the entire logistic portion of project cost through work package review
- Finalisation of technical logistics specification for packaging with supplier , warehouse & manufacturing
- Supply chain strategy for lean material flow from storage to point of use
- Spare & depo management as per tender contractual requirement.
- Liaison with participating unit to meet the MPS demand requirements of site .
- Part maturity follow-up for material coverage at Site based on capacity / tender mile stones .
- Bridge between site and project team in terms of On Time Delivery
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Supply, Bank, Banking, Operations, Finance