New job Database Engineer in Karnataka
Company : Wells Fargo
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India (WFI) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
The Enterprise Technology Infrastructure (ETI) team within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is responsible for enterprise-wide infrastructure services across the global footprint, including networking, production services, storage, data centers, mainframe, midrange and Cloud-based systems, distributed systems, and international infrastructure.
It will be owning the support of SQL Apps and databases in Banking Domain. This will include the Engineering, Build & Deployment and on call support for Prod/ BCP and lower environments like UAT/SIT and DEV. Owns the responsibility of the delivery and availability of SQL Apps/ databases and be single point of contact for his assigned group of Apps/ databases.
Hands on Experience in PostgreSQL is must
Banking Domain knowledge - Good to have
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Maintain and administer database access, roles and grants
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database changes
- Performs Patching, Maintenance activity, Build & configuration, upgrades as per the standard operating procedure
- Implement advanced database features and perform Disaster Recovery testing.
- Monitor database, performance/health , database backup and Recovery using standard tools
- Adhere to SLA, processes as defined in the Database team
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases across all database environments
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies
- Increase his/her technology capabilities by self learning,lab and L&D Development programs
- Assist Senior DBA's in proces improvements involving power-shell Scripting, Monitoring and Deploy change procedures
Interaction with stake holders and provide resolution as per SLA
Expert in database infrastructure, tools, methodologies, process, backup and recovery , disaster recovery
Collaborate with application Team and US partners and run the efficiency programs
Generate IDEAS and Improvements- Process/Technical
Single point of Database technical contact for the channel of business he /she leads for.
Fine tune the database and the application batch programs in collaboration with application teams.
Test New features and document best practices
Experience in handling large TB databases
Hands on in production support environment
Shift Time: 06:30 AM - 03:30 PM and 01:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Market Skills and Certifications
MSSQL certified, hands on experience on PostgreSQL
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate. 67721