New job Analyst in Karnataka
Company : Société Générale
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Customer Due Diligence:
To perform KYC for corporate and Institutional clients of the SG Group.
- Identify the customer/s and other relevant third parties for a proposed relationship; establish the nature of the customer’s business, risk profile, understand the context of the proposed transaction and services
- Determine appropriate methodology and due diligence approach and information required to verify the identity of the customer and relevant third parties based on global policy and local regulatory requirements.
- Assess the relevance and completeness of information supplied by the Front Office upon the take on of new customers and provide guidance to Business Lines on KYC requirements
- Carry out due diligence checks and information searches per standards of client take on and categorization rules, and undertake additional reputation checks and enhanced due diligence when necessary by screening various public sources
- Analyse and form an opinion on a) the acceptability of the customer/counterparty, b) completeness of the KYC file and c) compliance with internal policy and external regulatory requirements.
- Validate the customer/counterparty on the client referential system in accordance with the KYC assessment, indicating appropriate roles and restrictions, as necessary.
- Present the file and KYC analysis to Compliance for review/approval when required or necessary, highlighting material risks or concerns as well as any exceptions or missing information based on internal policy or external regulatory requirements.
- For existing clients, conduct reviews based on designated portfolios in cooperation with Business Lines, the worldwide KYC network and other relevant support functions
- For ongoing reviews or local validations, verify the relevance of client information and data and when required, review the analysis of the risks related to the business activity and products traded with the client and the related classifications and roles in the client referential system.
- Proper documentation and record keeping of KYC/Customer Risk Scoring/CDD/EDD processes for audit trial and regulatory inspection.
- Other tasks or projects assigned from time to time.
Skills & Competencies
KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking, institutional and Private banking sector, and/or specialist knowledge of one business area.
- Ability to examine in detail and understand the structure of a financial transaction, understanding of key issues in relation to AML risk, ability to identify relevant sources of information
- Strong knowledge of China AML/KYC regulatory and compliance issues particularly in the banking and investments sectors, to ensure our KYC standard is compliant with local regulatory requirements
- Sensitivity to the demands and constraints of a capital market environment and financing activities
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage relationships with the local BLs and Compliance with minimum supervision.
- Ability to assess appropriate practical guidance and solutions to onboarding issues without compromising internal controls, policy requirements or external regulatory requirements.
- Capable of delivering various briefings and training to the BLs re: KYC policy/regulations and client onboarding process.
Analytical skills, precision, curiosity, tenacity and autonomy are key qualities in a KYC Analyst job
- Fluent in written and spoken English language
Good interpersonal and communication skills, reactivity, sense of service, anticipation and flexibility are essential requirements in this service function
- The position requires effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment as well as a strong interest in financial markets and banking activities
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML latest issues
- Leadership skills
Fluent English spoken and written skills
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, esp. Excel operation
Why join us
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious. Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA. If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.