New job SH Mechanical Maintenance in Tamil Nadu
|SH Mechanical Maintenance|
SH Mechanical Maintenance
Company : Aditya Birla Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
1) Job Purpose
Plan, execute & control all maintenance activities in assigned plant area.
- Responsible for carrying out predictive / preventive / break down / shut-down maintenance
- Proper Planning in maintaining required spares by considering its budget/cost
- Improve plant efficiency with available resources.
- Knowledge in industrial safety procedures and standards
- Manpower planning and its deployment
- Assist in plant turnaround by executing major overhauls
- Good exposure in trouble shooting, root cause analysis
- Maintain the plant on Mechanical Maintenance front for its smooth Operation of entire
- Maintain highest level of quality standards
- Inventory control of mandatory spares.
2) Principal Accountabilities
1. Plant Maintenance
Organize & co-ordinate execution of maintenance activities
Organize and review daily maintenance activities in the concerned areas so that the schedules are followed strictly and quality & timely completion.
- To keep records of all critical values (alignment, clearances etc.) for future reference
- Check preventive maintenance, shutdown and predictive maintenance systems for abnormalities and take corrective action for elimination
- Check breakdown failures, shutdown losses, maintenance expenditure, repair time, manpower cost, overtime every month and identify activities for improvement
- Supervise resources during breakdowns, shutdowns & planned maintenance
- Coordinate with purchase, stores & P&A to organize necessary resources like material & manpower for uninterrupted & timely completion of maintenance jobs
- Manage shift activities and ensure availability of maintenance resources in all shifts
- Supervise the contractors work on equipment maintenance
- To carry out inspection activity at vendors site as and when necessary.
- Execution of corrective actions to avoid job repetition
2. Planning & Budgeting, Cost Control and improvements
Check for maintenance expenditure to be within budgeted norms and plan and implement execution of improvement actions for cost optimization
Compare maintenance expenses on monthly basis and compare actual expenses against budget and take action to reduce variants
- Suggest and implement measures in design modification for cost reduction
- Carry out half yearly analysis for the consumption of spares and make action plan for optimized consumption
- Assist in data collection, information to identify opportunities and Bottlenecks
- Manage the inventory at an optimized level to minimize the working capital while ensuring the plant requirements and risks are addressed
- Verify contractor bills for accuracy and certification of quality
- Interact with vendors, contractors, OEM suppliers for technical discussions to freeze technical specification & scope of supply for procurement at optimum cost
- Provide inputs to the DH in Planning& Budgeting for the Section
3. MIS Reports and Documentation:
Maintain all equipment histories & records.
- Timely preparation of MIS report and all relevant documents.
- Ensure update of documents as per ISO and related MIS.
- Assist and get timely audits done in the section.
4. System Management (Safety, Sustainability & WCM): Implement and adhere to statutory compliance related to Safety, Health and Environment & Sustainability and systems like IMS, WCM and ISO Supervise & monitor quality systems (ISO, EMS, WCM, OHSAS)
Strictly follow the safety rules & regulations.
- Educate and insist usage of PPE & appliances to all team members.
- Obtain the necessary safety permits like Confined Space entry, Work at height, Cold work, Hot work permits etc before start up work.
- Create awareness among the workforce/contractors
- Monitor quality systems in the section for improving performance as per quality and environmental standards.
- Implement IMS- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & WCM practices & other systems in the Section
- Monitor daily abnormalities & take corrective action and implement counter measures recommended during audits
- Implement periodic sustainability audits as directed by Sustainability Cell and other audits
- Implement corrective action as reported in audits
- Monitor implementation of processes for accident free operations/ Maintenance and compliance of all safety requirements as stipulated by the Factories Act & environment related statutory requirements
- Monitor adherence to safety norms & safe operational procedures
- Facilitate statutory testing of vessels
- Train the team to handle emergency situations like AHF leakages etc. under Disaster Management activities
- Maintain compliance to effluent norms set by pollution board
- Ensure safe working conditions & practices and implementation of safety procedures, audit point’s measures & ensure training on safety measures
- Comply with factory, boiler, and environmental related statutory requirements
- Encourage employees for participation in Kaizen, Suggestion Scheme, etc. and ensure implementation of audit findings
- Conduct tool box talks
5. People Development:
Maintain discipline and grievance handling staff and workmen and other subordinates
- Inculcate in team the group values/policies/ vision/ mission & objectives
- Motivate employees for stretch targets through team building and two-way communication
- Co-ordinate with HR Team for monitoring the development of FLOs, staff and workmen
- Recommend trainings for skill development and ensure development of team members
- Proactively train engineers/FLOs/subordinates
- Implement HR practices and maintain shop floor discipline
- Provide technical support to team on various issues
- Monitor the deployment of manpower resources, with the intention of controlling OT without affecting the smooth running of plant
5) Job Purpose of Direct Reports
FLE (Area -1)- AHF, DHF, Alf3, Spar dryer, Alumina dryer, HF Storage, ISO filling& 1toner filling station.
- Monthly preventive maintenance schedule monitoring and execution
- Follow all safety standards, ‘Permit To Work’ at all job execution and play role in tool box talk to improve work culture and reduce risk
- Take a major role to support Cross Function departments for smooth operation
6) Relationships (If Applicable)
Functional Head Technical
Guidance, approval, feedback, discussions.
Department Head/ Peers
Feedback, review of plant progress and details of breakdown/Equipment failures.
Status & follow up of plant maintenance jobs,
Technology, Information sharing, problem solving, coordination, project engineering, progress review & follow-up.
Statutory/ Government authority
Vendors, equipment suppliers, consultants, contractors
Daily/ need base
Minimum Experience Level: