New job Research Fellow/ Associate in Odisha
|Research Fellow/ Associate|
Research Fellow/ Associate
Company : Public Health Foundation of India
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Odisha
Brief on the Organization:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
IIPHB in collaboration with UNICEF has developed a project on Menstrual Hygiene Management for Odisha. The specific project objectives are- i. Menstrual hygiene management policy for State of Odisha developed and shared with government of Odisha; ii. Frontline workers have increased knowledge and skills on MHM to address the immediate gaps of access, use and practices of menstrual hygiene for adolescent and young girls, particularly in rural areas of Odisha; iii. Situation analysis of MHM practices undertaken with special reference to linkage to Adolescent empowerment and KHUSHI scheme of government of Odisha conduct.
- Document and analysis of the existing policy and programs related to MHM.
- Support in designing situational analysis.
- Field implementation of the study.
- Support in qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Over-all management of the project.
- Monitoring and supervision of the project at field level.
- Support in development of MHM training modules.
- Support in writing the project end report.
- Undertake any other project-specific tasks under the guidance of the PI.
- Continuous liaison with the Government line departments and maintain liaison with other stakeholders.
- Travel as and when required.
- Any other task as assigned by the Supervisor/PI.
- PhD in public health or allied sciences from a reputed Institute; or
- Master’s in Public Health / Master’s in Hospital Administration from a reputed Institute.
- PhD in public health or allied sciences with 3 years of working experience in public health; or
- MPH/MHA with 5 years of working experience in public health/WASH programme.
- Extensive theoretical and applied knowledge in public health.
- Proven experience in policy analysis in health or allied sectors.
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Good communication and liaising skills.
- Skilled in writing project reports and research outputs.
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill the application form– https://forms.office.com/r/2pTGUxTCVc Please mention the exact Position Code (IIPH-RSFA-100) in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please note that Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: September 30, 2021
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on whatsapp