New job Research Analyst in Andhra Pradesh
Company : Franklin Templeton Investments
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andhra Pradesh
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills, and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Research Analyst in Franklin’s Floating Rate Debt Group (“FRDG”) team responsible for?
The group largely focuses on senior secured corporate loans (1st lien and 2nd lien) with select opportunistic investments in distressed debt and special situations.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Research Analyst?
- Initiate investment recommendations on primary and secondary loan issuances to Portfolio Managers through both verbal and written presentation.
- Perform fundamental and independent research of below investment grade companies across multiple industries and sectors.
- Conduct industry research, develop financial models, and perform valuation / relative value analysis to assist with the credit review process.
- Actively participate and collaborate in weekly meetings to help influence portfolio performance.
- Analyze credit agreements and loan documents.
- Develop relationships with management teams, industry experts, private equity sponsors, business partners, and financial advisers.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier school preferably in a quantitative discipline such as math, 5+ years of fixed income research experience in international and domestic credit markets.
- Previous experience with syndicated loans.
- Ability to build detailed financial models while displaying a clear understanding of accounting principles and cash flow analysis.
- Good intuitive credit judgment and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- BA required, CFA or MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with Excel, VBA, and Bloomberg.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education.
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees’ families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.