New job Qualitative Research Consultant in Rajasthan
|Qualitative Research Consultant|
Qualitative Research Consultant
Company : ICRW
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Rajasthan
Dholpur District, Rajasthan
JD for Qualitative Research Consultant for PAnKH follow up study
Qualitative Research Consultant
Female consultants- for conducting FGDs with young girls and women, and KIIs with female caregivers
Dholpur district- Rajasthan (with extensive fieldwork across the district)
PAnKH program- focused on reducing early and child marriage among adolescent girls
15-20 days over September and October, 2021
Established in 1976, the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) espouses the universal principle of human dignity and works worldwide to advance gender equity, social inclusion and economic security.
Now in its fifth decade, ICRW has proudly served as the world’s leading applied research institute tackling challenges facing women, girls and marginalized populations. Through its research, ICRW is constantly building evidence on barriers to women’s full engagement in social, political and economic life, and is discovering and documenting what works to advance an agenda centered on gender equity. ICRW is all about measurable impact.
ICRW is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with regional offices in New Delhi, India and Kampala, Uganda and virtual business hubs in Kenya, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Through its suite of research and technical advisory services, ICRW supports non-profit organizations and government agencies, corporate and private sector partners to achieve lasting organizational and social change related to gender equity and women’s advancement in the home, in communities and in the workplace.
ICRW’s PAnKH project team is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and results-oriented qualitative research consultant to undertake primary data collection as part of the qualitative research study in the Dholpur district- Rajasthan.
PAnKH program was implemented between the years 2015 and 2018 in Dholpur district to engage unmarried and married adolescent girls and their communities. The aim of the program was to improve outcomes related to marriage, educational attainment and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) for adolescent girls. The program intervention spanned over 18 months and reached out to approximately 6,600 girls (aged 12-19 years) through group educational activities (GEAs) and sport sessions of kabaddi.
A follow-up study is being conducted now to examine the medium-run effects of the program, which targeted these restrictive gender norms held by adolescent girls and others in their communities. The study focuses on the dynamic effects of the PAnKH program on work, livelihoods, time-use and bargaining power. The follow-up study will also provide an opportunity for the first time, to assess meaningful impacts on age of marriage and final education.
Principal Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Formative Research Study:
- Undertake primary research data collection in the field in Dholpur district Rajasthan under the supervision of the research team after undergoing necessary trainings
- Take notes during the FGDs and KIIs, wherever required
- Regularly transcribe and translate interviews and discussions in Hindi (if the conversation has happened in local dialect) from the audio files and field notes
- Participate in daily de-briefs with the research team
- Assist the team with data cleaning and analysis
- Any other tasks assigned by the team
The consultant will be working with the PAnKH project team members, based out of ICRW’s Asia regional office in Delhi and in Dholpur. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, motivated with strong research and communication skills.
Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Women Studies/ Social Work/ Development Studies/or any relevant field.
Minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience in working with research or program organizations or NGOS in Rajasthan. Additionally:
- Experience of working on programs/qualitative research activities related to elimination of early, forced and child marriage with adolescent girls, empowerment of girls for education attainment and reduction in gender-based discrimination and gender-based violence.
- Experience of conducting qualitative research (KIIs, FGDs) with adolescent girls, and their community members or key stakeholders.
- Excellent command of Hindi (written and spoken) and proficiency in the local language/dialect (Braj Bhasha)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of conducting in-person qualitative research
- Must be oriented, flexible, eager to take initiative, able to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines and collaborate well with a dynamic team
- Should have skills to moderate discussions and conduct interviews, and take notes.
- Should have understanding of gender issues.
- Experience in translation from Hindi to English or local language to Hindi.
Interested candidates are expected to submit a letter of intent, resume, and a writing sample at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by September 15th, 2021.
Due to the large volume of responses we receive, ICRW is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ICRW is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.
Job Type: Full-time