New job Project Associate - Energy Governance in Maharashtra
|Project Associate - Energy Governance|
Project Associate - Energy Governance
Company : World Resources Institute
Salary : ₹6,50,000 - ₹7,50,000 a year
Location : Maharashtra
Project Associate - Energy Governance, WRI India
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview for Energy
The objective of the WRI India energy program is to inform and guide India’s transition to cleaner energy. The program focuses on three inter-related aspects of this energy transition: enhancing energy access, scaling renewables among specific consumer categories, and achieving higher levels of energy and buildings efficiency. Our energy access work is specifically aimed at ensuring access to affordable and clean energy so as to improve socio-economic development in rural and remote regions of India. Through strong research, ground-level implementation experience, partnerships with key stakeholders and communicating our work, we seek to achieve impact at scale.
WRI India is seeking a Project Associate for its Energy Program. Our energy governance work aims to incorporate equity and good governance approaches to support research on advancing demand-driven solutions for affordable, reliable, clean energy to power sustainable development. Our work is across multiple scales of governance and involves diverse stakeholder groups.
The preferred candidate will undertake a range of responsibilities as listed below.
- Conduct in-depth research (qualitative and quantitative) to understand the linkages between reliable electricity and socio-economic development, multidimensional consequences of renewable energy, governance of electricity and allied sectors and its impact on the acceleration to clean energy, distributive impacts of the clean energy transition on various socio-economic groups and institutions
- Map and conduct stakeholder consultations with a comprehensive set of stakeholders who represent the abovementioned themes
- Collaborate with colleagues from the Energy Program, across WRI and our partners for research and project execution
- Incorporate an equity approach to the research and include these in innovative and relevant ways into research methodology and writing
- Contribute to research and communications writing to achieve relevant project and program outcomes
- Provide constructive critiques of approaches to improve project design and execution
- Support with organising events to collect relevant information and disseminate key messages from our research findings to audiences in the most appropriate manner
- Travel to key project sites based on project needs
Required Attributes and Credentials:
- At least three years of relevant work experience and ability to work independently within a diverse team
- Completed a post-graduate degree in inter-disciplinary fields with exposure to regulatory governance, social sciences, law, development studies, public policy and related fields
- Demonstrate an understanding of the social dimensions in the Indian electricity sector and clean energy transition, with an understanding of its regulatory implications across various scales of administration
- Experience in interpreting and translating qualitative and quantitative analyses into material for various types of audience from technical to social
- Stakeholder engagement and political economy analysis added bonus
- Knowledge of key data sets, information sources, and discourses in areas of electricity, social development, renewable energy technologies, impact of clean energy transition
- Field experience is preferable but not mandatory
- Knowledge on energy efficiency, especially in buildings and transport sector is preferable but not mandatory
- Proficiency in local Indian languages is preferable but not mandatory
Duration: 1 Year extendable based on Performance and Project requirements
Location: Virtual, India
Potential Salary: 6,50,000 to 7,50,000 INR CTC PA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.