New job Principal Business Development Manager in Karnataka
|Principal Business Development Manager|
Principal Business Development Manager
Company : Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ)
Salary : ₹19,39,662 - ₹26,24,248 a year
Location : Karnataka
Do you have experience working in government economic development or international trade? Do you have a network of related contacts in India and/or Australia?
Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) is looking to fill a Principal Business Development Manager role in their Bangalore office for a period of 2 years (with possible extension).
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications will be received through this Jobssummary online portal and will close on 26 September 2021.
- Candidates will be considered for shortlisting and those chosen for interview will be notified before the end of October.
- Applicants are asked to provide two things (1) your resume and (2) a covering letter which details your suitability for this role.
- Detailed information on the duties of the role are below and should be considered when writing your covering letter.
Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, TIQ is an agency of the State Government of Queensland with a broad function to facilitate, encourage, promote, identify, attract and develop trade and investment opportunities.
Through TIQ, the Queensland Government has and international network of 16 trade and investment offices in 12 markets. Led by Trade and Investment Commissioners, the offices are a vital connection between international investors and business opportunities in Queensland.
TIQ also has a regional Queensland presence across eight locations which work closely with other Queensland Government regional networks to assist firms with export advisory services and investment facilitation.
For further information on TIQ please visit https://www.tiq.qld.gov.au/
About the business unit
Situated within the International Operations Division of TIQ, the Bangalore office is strategically placed to assist Queensland exporters and investors to take advantage of key sector opportunities within infrastructure and construction, education and training, e-commerce, mining and resources, food and agribusiness and investment attraction in India.
Reporting to the Queensland Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner, South Asia – India, you will represent the interests of Queensland in the India market through the identification, promotion and facilitation of opportunities in the Queensland Government’s key industry sectors (mining equipment, technology and services (METS), international education, e-commerce, technology, food and agriculture).
Your contribution (key responsibilities and accountabilities)
To be successful in this role you will:
- Assist the Commissioner to lead and manage TIQ to achieve trade outcomes and contribute to the administrative and operational management of the India network including reporting on activities and outcomes
- Be responsible for delivering the export focused programs in the TIQ India business plan for the India region
- Initiate and manage trade activities in the India market and coordinate and collaborate with TIQ colleagues as required
- Maintain and strengthen Queensland’s position in India by development of strategic relations and networks with government representatives and business leaders
- Manage business missions and Ministerial visits including preparation of visit programs and accompanying Ministers and business delegations in Bangalore, and other part of India as directed
- Guide and support Queensland companies to pursue trade and investment opportunities in India including providing market intelligence, business leads, advice, introductions, vetting of partners and assessing opportunities
- Provide advice on trade and investment issues and opportunities for Queensland in India
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with stakeholder groups across India to assist Queensland exporters gain market entry
- Work closely with and support Queensland agencies, industry groups and research and policy groups that are seeking to co-operate with counterpart organisations in India, including through co-operation agreements
- Provide accurate and timely market intelligence and strategic advice to Queensland agencies, companies and industries about economic development and the business situation in India
This role may require additional duties to be completed as directed
The ideal candidate for this role (key capabilities)
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following key capabilities that link to the “key responsibilities and accountabilities” for this role:
1. Thinks strategically and brings sound commercial acumen, an understanding of government and the credibility to contribute substantially to international trade and investment activities
2. Demonstrates a deep familiarity with India and other key markets in Australia, and 7-10 years business experience
3. Encourages creativity and innovation and demonstrates detailed knowledge in E-commerce, Consumer Products, and Technology.
4. Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication to accurately report progress and performance
5. Provides advice to stakeholders that is rigorously considered and supported by a clear rationale
While there are no mandatory qualifications for this role, practical experience in trade and investment attraction, sectoral experience and/or qualifications in international business or a related discipline will be favourably regarded.
Fluency in English is essential for this role.
Contract length: 24 months
Application Deadline: 26/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: ₹1,939,662.00 - ₹2,624,248.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- English (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19