New job Logistics Coordinator in Tamil Nadu
Company : ALSTOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/India.
NETWORK & LINKS:
EXTERNAL – Freight forwarder/Customs House Agent/Customs/Suppliers/ Tax and other Legal authorities
INTERNAL – Coordination with Sourcing, Supply Chain, Finance, Treasury team, Central customs clearance team, Internal Tax and Insurance team and Banks.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Optimize QCD results and processes for Customs and other documentation facilities.
- To Co-ordinate and follow up with freight forwarder for timely execution of inbound flows
- Handling of import documentation. Duty checklist, Technical Write ups, BOE etc.
- Tracking of Inbound Consignments
- To coordinate with forwarding agents to achieve a cost effective logistics solution
- To capture, record and analysis all logistics cost
- On time submission of documents (BOE/Freight Bill/AWB/Invoice) to respective departments on time.
- To manage local transportation
- Drive Receiving team and ensure team is following AZDP norms
- Reception of material and quantity check
- To make ON Time GRN for goods receipt
- Ensure Priority material feeding to production on time.
- Ensure materials are brought in with minimum cost of freight expenses wherever possible and provide suggestions towards Freight Cost Reduction Plans.
- Track and highlight Receipt Non-conformities and discrepancies on time
- Follow all Safety Measures as per AZDP standard.
- Handle GR Waiver and Bank Guarantee shipments and ensure on time closure.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Engineer/Any Degree
- With 5 to 6 years’ experience in a manufacturing Organisation dealing with Imports/Exports documentation. Knowledge on International freight forwarding/Customs Law/GST/other legal requirements.
- IT Skills: SAP / MS Excel
- Ability to summarize and focus on the critical issues
- Good Communication skills
- Multi-cultural Management Teamwork
- Self-driven and courageous
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good numeracy skills, with ability to interpret accounts and make calculations
- Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way. Honest and fair in applying the rules
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- 4- 6 years’ experience in customs clearance and documentation
- Basic electrical & electronics equipment & components knowledge.
- Ability to deal quickly and effectively with a variety of topics
Location for the role – Coimbatore
Travel - No
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. we are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Logistics, ERP, Bank, Banking, SAP, Operations, Technology, Finance