New job Lead, Public Health Strategy and Programs in Karnataka
|Lead, Public Health Strategy and Programs|
Lead, Public Health Strategy and Programs
Company : One Billion Literates Foundation
Salary : ₹8,00,000 - ₹10,00,000 a year
Location : Karnataka
The Covid crisis has inspired OBLF to venture into Public Health – given the significant gaps it sees in this area especially amongst marginalized and vulnerable rural communities. Our thesis is that we need to drive a set of complementary public health strategies in a geographical area for meaningful outcomes to emerge, and primary health care amongst rural, vulnerable communities is a significant gap that we want to continue to address – beyond the immediacy of the Covid crisis.
The Foundation therefore is looking for a seasoned and experienced Public Health expert to establish and lead our Public Health vector. This is a full-time role, reporting to the CEO and will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and implementation of the public health initiatives – in line with the Foundation’s goals.
Strategy and Leadership
· Play a leadership role in shaping the health systems design efforts of the foundation. This includes conceptualizing programs linked to objectives, designing and executing grants against them, working with government stakeholders and other partners internally and externally to support mobilization of the programs and nurturing a partner ecosystem.
· Establish strong relationships with government partners at the Taluk and state level. Manage senior relationships with development partners, private sector, and civil society.
Program Conceptualization, and Design
· Design Projects/Programs to strengthen on-the-ground primary health care ecosystem in the Foundation’s geographical focus areas.
· Continuously assess national and international efforts and find opportunities for the Foundation to learn from, adopt and drive similar programs.
· Discuss implementation design and implementation plan with stakeholders and closely work with PHCs and/or assigned agencies.
· Build Community Structures that are needed on the ground to deliver the program’s objectives.
Implementation and Monitoring
· Build an effective program and implementation team – including on-the-ground Community Structures to execute the mission
· Participate actively in regular meetings to share monthly progress of the models and showcase OBLF’s contribution.
· Engage regularly with Community Structures and Build capacity of Key Opinion Leaders.
· Support the Community Structures for campaigns/events to promote positive messaging on the areas of focus (infectious diseases, nutrition & child health, etc).
· Organize monthly review meetings with Community Structures and motivate and support for defined activities. Ensure and deliver capacity building / handholding for the Community Structures for active involvement and expected contributions from them.
· Design, direct and actively engage in other related functions such as Mapping, data collection, research/interviews, reporting and analyses.
· Plan and implement documentation and reporting of all activities done
· Work with the field team for better planning, implementation and ensure deliverables are achieved on time
Core Knowledge And Desired Qualities
· Good appreciation of the role of state capacity, public finance, digital health in the country’s health systems.
· Ability to build strong relationships and working constructively with senior stakeholders in and outside government.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to solve problems with energy and influence without authority.
· Demonstrated ability of building trust-based relationships
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey messages to non-technical audiences.
· Ability to travel to interior villages, and spend considerable time on the ground with rural communities.
· Demonstrated experience of using first principle-based thinking, personal credibility, and courage to bring about change in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
Education And Experience
· Masters/Bachelor’s degree in social work, health economics, sociology, public health, Community Medicine and relevant disciplines.
· Ideally, 5-7 years of experience in progressive and professional organizations specifically in the public health care sector; exposure to working with rural, vulnerable and marginalized communities is desirable.
· Experience in public health issues including but not limited to Child and Women’s Health/Nutrition, understanding of infectious diseases, lifestyle diseases, and other critical issues in public health.
· Knowledge of Kannada will be an added advantage
· The above position demands excellent communication, interpersonal and digital skills and also involves travel to all project locations.
Contract length: 36 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: ₹800,000.00 - ₹1,000,000.00 per year
- Commuter assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Internet reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Day shift
We take the responsibility to vaccinate all our employees. Besides this, we insist on masking whether inside or outside during working hours, and also follow standard hygiene protocols.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bengaluru, Karnataka: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Public health: 5 years (Preferred)
Speak with the employer