New job Head Policy & Advocacy in Karnataka
|Head Policy & Advocacy|
Head Policy & Advocacy
Company : Disability NGOs Alliance (DNA)
Salary : ₹60,000 - ₹65,000 a month
Location : Karnataka
Disability NGOs Alliance (DNA) is a first-of-its-kind initiative to collectively represent the disability sector organisations in Karnataka. From improving the intervention capacity of NGOs at the individual level to strengthening their overall impact at the policy making level, DNA is the unified voice of all those advocating the empowerment of persons with disabilities.
DNA is now looking for an experienced individual for the position of the Head Policy and Advocacy as part of the DNA Secretariat. This individual will:
- conceive & develop the Policy & Advocacy initiatives and lead implementation of these.
- work closely with & develop a partnership with related Government departments to ensure effective implementation of the key initiatives.
- work with Advocacy & Policy experts as well as DNA Member organisations to develop the required strategies and materials & ensure robust pitches to Government officials.
- build alliances & coordinate initiatives with state/national level organisations working in the field of disability, health & rehabilitation rights & wider social sector to have the best chance of securing advocacy wins
- represent DNA in various forums as required particularly with regard to policy advocacy.
- support all aspects of DNA operations as a senior member of the Secretariat.
Education & Experience
- Minimum qualification - Graduation. MSW would be preferred
- 10-15 years work experience required. This should include experience in the Disability sector, experience of working with the Government Agencies and experience in reviewing laws/policies & making recommendations
- Experience in handling of NGO operations and compliance will be preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication & presentation skills required.
- Fluency in both English and Kannada is a must
- Comfort with new technologies & ability to work with office softwares is a must
- Willingness to travel across the country including to rural areas required
Contract length: 24 months
Application Deadline: 12/9/2021
Expected Start Date: 1/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: ₹60,000.00 - ₹65,000.00 per month
- Monday to Friday
- total work: 7 years (Required)
- Kannada (Required)