New job Data Standardization Analyst in Karnataka
|Data Standardization Analyst|
Data Standardization Analyst
Company : LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Reference Data & Analytics is part of the Informational Services Division (ISD). The Reference Data & Analytics is a client focused, technology enabled team, producing High value & unique analytics & data derivations to drive insight and value to our internal and external stakeholders. Reference Data & Analytics is responsible for creating LSEG Intellectual Property by generating ICB Classifications, Free Float and similar data fields based on data standardization from raw data.
For our team based in Bangalore, India we are currently recruiting for an Analyst Position in our Reference Data & Analytics Team. Analysts manage a wide range of data & information on a universe of companies, and for ensuring quality and accuracy in all our products.
We are looking for individuals with very high attention to detail and who can work under strict delivery timelines. Besides data management you are expected to become a subject matter expert on capital markets and their operations, and information on companies and securities.
In this role analyst will conduct detailed, comprehensive searches and creates in-depth analysis on assigned research projects. Research and extract data from all applicable sources, ensure accuracy and quality of findings by complying with policies and applicable laws. Develop appropriate search queries to maximize research results. Provides regular communication and feedback to client. Provides regular status updates on research projects to manager. Effectively manage workload within defined deadlines and budgets.
It is expected that with limited supervision the individual will deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above, working to strict deadlines and to the highest degree of accuracy. It is therefore expected that the individual will have and work towards:
- Provides guidance or specialized services that directly support or affect results within one functional area
- Analyze, Extract, Standardize & Maintain quantitative and qualitative data from multiple information sources including annual reports, websites, and other filings of public and private companies to a high degree of quality following defined policies and business rules
- Execute key data quality controls to minimize risk by investigation and resolving data exceptions and breaks
- Works within area and uses professional procedures and practices to achieve objectives
- Applies general knowledge of business, developed through education, to make informed judgements, exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding, supports analysis with brief comments and rationale
- Free to determine the approach used to address routine professional issues, develops excellent subject matter expertise on various parts of our data methodology
- Identify and suggest ideas for reducing effort spent on data management and analysis by using automation or by process optimization
- Contribute towards developing and maintaining methodology guidance, & quality rules and documentation
- Work effectively with peers, research analysts, and manager – both within the team as well as other teams in multiple time zones.
- Adapt to changes to technology, process, systems as we transform our business
- Identifies and solves complex issues using existing policies and procedures
- Understands, interprets and sets personal priorities for reaching goals
- Uses general professional or specialized knowledge to solve routine problems
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and own business plan, impacting the efficiency and effectiveness of own area
Type Of Person
- Enthusiastic and responsive to change
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Logical and structured approach
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills as well as English Language skills
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable with flexible hours
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work independently with high degree of ownership
- Analytical and problem solving skills
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.