New job corn trialist in Madhya Pradesh
Company : Syngenta
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Madhya Pradesh
Role title:Corn Trialist
Business:Seeds Field Crops
Location:Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation company (Part of 23 Billion USD Syngenta Group) dedicated to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
To learn more visit: www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com
- Carry out set of development trials for seeds and technology through series of reliable and quality of on and off site trials.
- Precise data collection and identification of promising and stable products for profiling from the trials.
- To manage satellite trialing station/hubs following compliance and SOPs as per guidelines
- Liaise with local agricultural groups, agronomists, crop consultants, other industry bodies and Govt. organisations to manage changes in agronomy practices, technology and support in evaluation and development of Syngenta technologies.
- Following compliance and safety and QM and stewardship culture in trialing as per Syngenta policy.
- Provide technical support to local sales team in line with agreed commitment levels.
- To conduct an agreed number of field trials through all stages from initial planning to completion of final reports with minimal or no supervision.
- Deliver quality field trials through proper site selection, grower’s liaison and compensation negotiations, plot arrangement, layout, and application of treatments as per protocol and other inputs to insure proper trial execution.
- To identify and recommend new products in stage trials and provide feedback to advance stages with assured performance in territory.
- Capture trials data digitally under real field conditions with EZCapture and upload in SPIRIT within the timeline for assigned Corn trials.
- Keep effective linkages with Product Selection Lead, Breeding, Mechanization team, Marketing, Sales teams and growers/off site owner/Trialing Manager.
- Ensure mapping of experimental fields in SPIRIT before onset of sowing with planter & thereafter meeting pre requisites before harvesting with quantum & CST.
- Coordinate with mechanization team to forecast on the harvesting dates by estimating physiological maturity of the crop
- Ensure proper training program for NFTE’s and growers (if required) for increasing operational efficiency.
- Participate in HPC Meeting and provide feedback on product performance.
- Maintain regular contact with local agricultural research groups, agronomists, crop consultant and other industry bodies. Coordination with Government and Non-Government organisations to monitor changes in agronomic practices, technology, competitor activity and support in the evaluation and development of Syngenta technologies.
- Organize the crop tours with timely intimation and involvement of stakeholders
- Implement QM initiative to enhance trial quality through proactive non-conformity and issue management.
- Strict follow-up of HSES policies and compliance as per Syngenta guidelines.
Critical success factors & key challenges:
- Alignment of resource and capability with trials plan.
- Develop strong networking of innovative, dynamic, resourceful and opinion maker grower for managing the trials.
- Willingness to travel and overnight stay.
- Ability to work independently whilst sharing learning and information with team.
- Ensure compliance in proper data collection and compilation with timely despatch to stakeholders.
- Use skills to identify proper products in stage Corn trials and provide right feedback.
- To strictly follow the Syngenta HSES guidelines in field.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- Minimum M.Sc. Agriculture with two – Five years’ product development experience into Corn or Ph.D. Agriculture fresher.
- Basic understanding of various Corn traits, agronomy, insect pests & diseases, nutritional deficiency and control measures.
- Basic knowledge of Agricultural Statistics and Design of experiments.
- Good written and communication skills.
- 2-5 years working experience of all aspects of field experimentation
- Knowledge of technical/agronomic aspects of crops/indication is desirable.
Critical technical, leadership and personal capabilities:
- Deep understanding of local language and culture.
- Basic knowledge of Corn agronomy and technical aspects.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Basic idea in use of office software and Standard Information Technology tools.
- Strong planning ability to interact with local growers and diverse group of scientist, agriculture universities etc.
- Patience, proactive and good foresight fluency in English and local language
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Customer focus - Plays important role
- Innovative - Essential
- Decisive - Essential
- Communicative - Very much essential
- Trusted - Essential
- Team oriented – Essential
- Result oriented : Very much essential
- M.Sc. Agriculture Min 2-5 yrs of exp.
- PhD. Agriculture
Note: Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Follow us on: Twitter & LinkedIn: