New job Associate Manager/Manager - Alliances & Government Partnerships in Karnataka
|Associate Manager/Manager - Alliances & Government Partnerships|
Associate Manager/Manager - Alliances & Government Partnerships
Company : The/Nudge
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
India has become the 5th largest economy in the world, but ~360 million are “poor” (using Government metrics), and 145 million live below the poverty line. This inequity is unacceptable. About 3.4% of our annual budget or 0.28% of the income of the top 1% of our population would lift and could bring everybody above the poverty line, however, this is complex and we need the best of human intellects to be focused on solving it.
The/Nudge Foundation exists to alleviate poverty. We are a collective of some of India’s best leaders and entrepreneurs from across the industry, academia, government, and the development sector, passionately working on ways to address poverty sustainably and at scale.
In the five years since our inception, we have worked on a range of initiatives including developing innovative programs that enable underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives, adapting evidence-based approaches to enable rural families to come out of extreme poverty, and incubating 60+ nonprofits focused on solving India’s biggest challenges. We have also used the knowledge and networks developed through our work to impact policy, address ecosystem barriers and launch scale programs.
We are now building on our capabilities and work to embark on an ambitious effort to nurture six to eight “social transformations” (i.e., using effective solutions to create pathways to scale that address the underlying problem; examples of such transformations include microfinance and the white revolution). These transformations (or “programs” as we call them) will be anchored in “centers” which will provide domain expertise, connection to the broader ecosystem, and thought partnership. The centers will also be thought leaders in their space and influence the broader ecosystem (including policy and practice). There will also be horizontal teams, e.g., Impact & Evaluation, Technology, and Data & Insights, that all the programs and centers will use. These teams will also be seen as exemplars in their space and will influence the broader ecosystem.
the spirit of the/nudge:
Honesty towards our purpose | Empathy towards others | Continuous innovation | Focused on scale | Impatience towards our goals
at the/nudge you will:
- work with the alliances & government partnerships team
- write formal letters/emails to senior government / corporate officials
- build compelling proposals/pitch decks that articulate programs at The/Nudge
- coordinate with various internal stakeholders on events, proposals & presentations
- coordinate event-day logistics with vendors, partners (govt. organisation) & marketing team
- maintain a repository of organization- wide knowledge/presentations for ready reference
apply if you are:
- a professional with 4-6 years of experience in client-facing sales/business development, preferably in an early-stage organization
- a fast learner and good at multitasking
- a target-driven high-performer with a history of exceeding expectations consistently
- a graduate in any discipline
you need to come with...
- strong desire to make a difference by working in the not-for-profit sector
- efficient time-management abilities and attention to detail
- excellent communication (written & oral), presentation, and stakeholder management skills
- very good command over MS office - excel, word, power point
- flexibility to work on weekends, when needed