New job Analyst in Delhi
Company : KPMG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
KPMG Global Services
KPMG Global Services (KGS) was set up in India in 2008. It is a strategic global delivery organization, which works with more than 50 KPMG member firms to provide a progressive, scalable and customized approach to business requirements
The KGS journey has been one of consistent growth, with a current employee count of nearly 10,000 operating from four locations in India — Bengaluru, Gurugram, Kochi and Pune, providing a range of Advisory and Tax-related services to member firms within the KPMG network.
As part of KPMG in India, we were ranked among the top companies to work for in the country for four years in a row by LinkedIn, and recognized as one of the top three employers in the region for women, as well as for policies on Inclusion & Diversity by ASSOCHAM (The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India).
Furthermore, as KPMG in India, we were recognized as one of the ‘Best Companies for Millennials’ at The Millennial Max Conference 2019 presented by The LNOD Roundtable as well as ‘the Great Indian Workplace’ at the Culture Summit and Great Indian Workplace Awards 2019.
Resource Management is fast emerging as a support services offering of strategic importance to KPMG, providing operational support to the Advisory business which helps in finding the right people based on multiple factors including availability and skills. Established as a captive of the joint venture between KPMG Europe LLP and KPMG India, currently it provides support to onshore Resource Management team – professionals working with KPMG Europe LLP.
Roles and Responsibilities
Full-time or fixed-term staff
To act as dedicated support to onshore Resource Managers with all aspects of the administration of RETAIN and other associated Resource Management tasks like MI, maintaining mini bios, skills matrix etc. To manage and update the RETAIN database on an ongoing basis, with specific reference to:
- Liaising with client facing staff regarding their ongoing commitments and upload into RETAIN which includes client’s engagements, holiday and training bookings and ensuring these are accurate and up to date on a timely basis
- Ensuring skills database and mini bios are updated on an ongoing basis subject to resources completing engagements
- Run various RETAIN reports such as weekly utilisation forecast report, Availability report and assisting with other ad hoc analysis and management reporting
- Assisting with ad hoc projects relating to resource management and operational matters
- Raise any potential resource issues and conflicts to the resource manager and where applicable and possible collaborate with the resource manager to solves these conflicts
- Explore large dataset to understand business objective, gathering, analyzing and interpreting data to provide MI reports to onshore
- Producing weekly and monthly Management Information Packs to Stakeholders
- Pro-Actively identifying improvement areas and making recommendations to help improve the productivity and efficiency of the business
- Maintenance of holiday, training and exam pathway databases
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be deemed to come within the scope of the post, which may result in additional responsibilities being added to the role
- Qualifications: Graduate or postgraduate in any discipline Additional certifications (if any)
- Total Experience: The candidate must have 0–2 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably with a Big 4 firm
- Personal Effectiveness - communication, influence, initiative, proactive, problem solving
- Ability to build relationships quickly with client facing staff and other team members
- Excellent Excel skills (VBA/Macro knowledge not required but would be an added advantage)
- Ability to prioritise and plan workload particularly when dealing with multiple stakeholders and urgent requests
- Innovation and Knowledge Sharing - think out of the box, challenge status quo
- The individual will be trained fully in use of the RETAIN system
Number of interview rounds
Mode of interview
Clean room policy (specific to business)
- Corporate Social Responsibility programs
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Note: Benefits/Perks listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with KPMG and the country where you work.
© 2020 KPMG Global Services Private Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of India and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. The KPMG name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of KPMG International.
The term “KGS” refers to the KGS Platform of Indian delivery entities, which consist of KPMG Global Services Private Limited (“KGSPL”), KPMG Global Services Management Private Limited (“KGSMPL”), KPMG Global Delivery Center Private Limited (“GDCPL”) and KPMG Resource Centre Private Limited (“KRCPL”), unless the specific private limited entity is specifically noted.
Use in these materials of the term “Our”, or “Us” means KGSPL, KGSMPL, GDCPL and/or KRCPL as the case may be and all four such legal entities are referred to collectively as “KGS”.
Note that Audit services for the clients of the US and Canadian firms are delivered from the GDCPL and for UK (and other firms except US and Canada) Audit services are delivered from KRCPL.
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.