New job Youth Community Engagement Assistant in Delhi
|Youth Community Engagement Assistant|
Youth Community Engagement Assistant
Company : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
- Movers Programme
- Youth Co:Lab and other youth innovation initiatives: (a) Assist in the planning and implementation of Youth Co:Lab National Dialogue 2021; (b) Communicate with and support the agency onboarded to ensure smooth implementation of Youth Co:Lab Initiative this year; (c) Assist in documentation and knowledge management of YCL and Movers Programme; (d) Support in preparation of ToRs for different tasks to be undertaken in the project; (e) Perform any other duties to support the Youth Co:Lab team.
- Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- Overall understanding of youth empowerment and community engagement strategy across India and abroad targeted at youth;
- Experience working with the UN and CSOs on the ground will be an added advantage;
- Nuanced functional research skills with attention to detail and academic vigor, with competency in facilitating workshops;
- Excellent demonstrated documentation skills and prior experience in developing concept notes / reports / project plans/communication collaterals will be essential;
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrates/safeguards ethics and integrity.
- Works as a team member.
- Atleast 1 year of experience in youth/livelihoods/entrepreneurship work, experience of working with a UN agency or alike would be preferred, including internships.
- Excellent communications and documentation (MS Word, Excel) skills in English;
- Good command of English and Hindi, written and oral;
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values;
- Demonstrates sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity to confidential matters;
- Previous engagement with youth-related work an asset;
- Previous assignment in a similar position would be desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels;
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.