New job vSphere Operations Support in Maharashtra
|vSphere Operations Support|
vSphere Operations Support
Company : Citi
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
vSphere Operations Support - Private Cloud - AVP
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Citi Technology Infrastructure provides the critical technical foundation for Citi’s operations and is responsible for delivering IT solutions, scalable infrastructure services, and secure capabilities while creating a trusted customer experience and enabling Citi’s workforce to be the best for our clients. Making the bank simpler, greener, and better connected while powering it with trusted, well-secured platforms and data, and automating policy enforcement through code are all at the heart of our refreshed global strategy. Data Quality, Simplification, Environmental Stability, Automation, and Service Excellence are the key pillars and priorities on our strategic journey.
The Chief Technology Office plays a critical role in fulfilling the firm’s commitment to safety and soundness by ensuring Citi delivers efficient and high-quality solutions and technologies, coordinating foundational macro technology strategies, ensuring Citi’s readiness to safely leverage new technologies, and making Citi a competitive destination for the best technical talent.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
vSphere Operations Support
The vSphere Operations Support role is one of the key roles that exist on the team. In this role, you will be part of the global VMware Operations team responsible for end-to-end support of Citi’s private cloud infrastructure. and supporting solutions regarding ESXi server builds and maintenance, Hypervisor support, Virtual Center and cluster configuration, loading standard VMware packages, VMware platform version migrations, and assisting to troubleshoot issues for the entire Virtualization infrastructure when necessary.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ESXi server builds and maintenance, Hypervisor support, Virtual Center and cluster configuration, loading standard VMware packages, VMware platform version migrations, and troubleshooting of the entire Virtualization infrastructure.
- Working with automation teams, performing maintenance, updating products and maintaining security updates and patches
- Knowledge of the entire VMware virtualization suite of products including but not limited to vSphere, ESXi, vRops, LogInsight, and NSX-T is a must for this position
- Work with various internal and external teams to identify and resolve problems
- Consult with end users and clients to identify and correct systems problems or propose solutions
- Adhere to Citi technology standards, audit requirements and corporate compliance issues and requirements
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2+ years in a large-scale enterprise class infrastructure operations role with a strong understanding of virtualization technologies and best practices.
- Experience working with Virtualization technologies. (vCenter 6.7, ESXi 6.7/7.0)
- Strong scripting skills are essential to meet scalability requirements including but not limited to PowerCLI and Ansible
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting all generations of Dell and HP server hardware.
- Experience interfacing with project management, project planning, and technical documentation writing.
- Proven ability to create educational materials/presentations, and train teams on processes and best-practices.
- Experience building monitoring solutions for vSphere/NSX using vRealize Operations (VROPS) and/or vRealize Log Insight
- Highly interpersonal, comfortable communicating technical language with the given audience and able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences. Able to train and guide individuals/teams on new and existing processes in the cloud architecture.
- Driving the quality of the application onboarding process and distributing training materials to internal teams.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation writing and delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven track record of operational process changes and improvement
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi.
Job Family Group:Technology
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting