New job Test Lead,GSC'S in Karnataka
Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Business: GLCM Digital Operation
Role Title: Test Lead
Global Career Band:7
Location (Country / City ) : India/ Bangalore
Recruiter Name : Akulata Surapur
Why join us? (Overview of Dept./Function)
The HSBCnet Global Testing team is responsible for the Business Acceptance Testing for HSBCnet, Connect & DSP. The team will function in co-ordination with the GLCM ECOM – Global e-Commerce team based in Vancouver, Canada.
Role Purpose :
To perform the Business Acceptance testing for HSBCnet, Connect & DSP by ensuring the application is tested as per the Requirement Specifications and to maintain 100% quality.
What you’ll do: (List out Key Responsibilities)
Key activities and decision making areas
- Operational Effectiveness - Productivity Understanding of the Requirement Specifications & Project Plan
- Responsible for preparing BAT Test Plan
- Responsible for creating the BAT Assessment.
- Review the Business Demand List and will be involved in the resource planning / allocation of projects at the beginning of the test cycle.
- Work with the Release Management team to approve projects during a release.
- Prepare Traceability Matrix & Test Cases as per the Requirement Specification.
- Responsible for review of the Traceability Matrix and Test cases prepared by the Testers.
- Responsible to do the data / environment setup required for testing.
- Responsible for Test Case execution and ensuring all the results are updated on Quality Center / JIRA.
- Will be responsible for defect management
- Conduct quality audit (test preparation, test execution & defects)
- Review FT Sign off
- Attend Virtual Team meetings with IT and Business.
- Tracking BAT progress against metrics. Provide daily and weekly updates on the status of the projects.
- Liaise with IT Project Managers and request for Business sign off for any defects found to be in ‘Fix in Future’ or ‘Post Review’
- Provide BAT Sign off document after the testing is completed.
- Participate in General and Staff Hexagon Regression testing
- Participate in Production Verification Testing
- Provide Post Implementation Review for the projects assigned to HSBCnet Release Management team.
- Analysing production defects (if any) and submits report to HSBCnet Release Management Team.
Operational Effectiveness – Quality
- Thorough knowledge of HSBCnet, Connect & DSP.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical documents.
- Ability to understand and prepare various file formats (ex: MT103, IDoc, xml etc.)
- Ability to prepare and setup the data for Testing. Good understanding of all the backend systems for HSBCnet / Connect.
- Ensure the Traceability Matrix and Test cases are prepared as per the Requirement Specification for each project.
- Review and provide feedback on Traceability Matrix and Test cases prepared by the Testers.
- Conduct quality audit (test preparation, test execution & defects ) and provide feedback to testers.
- Should have an eye for detail during review of Traceability Matrix and Test Cases and during test case execution and strive to maintain 100% quality.
- Review the defects raised by Testers and ensure valid defects are raised and sufficient and correct information is provided to IT to fix defects.
- Liaise with IT teams to ensure defects / environment issues are promptly addressed and fixed.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously during a release and ensure the quality is 100%.
- Testing to be done with the objective of ensuing there are no Production defects.
- Maintain cordial relations with IT / Business teams and ensure there are no feedbacks / complaints.
Leadership & Team work
- Work independently and & complete the assigned tasks in established timeframes as per the process benchmarks.
- High level of judgment and independent decision making skills.
- Proactively identify issues if any and escalate.
- Assist line manager/supervisor with managing day-to-day operations and support peers on process if needed.
- Participate in team meeting / team activities and work towards sustaining team spirit.
- Work towards process improvements
- Flexible and ability to work under stress and to rapidly changing business schedules.
- Coaching and mentoring testers.
- Deliver training.
- Ability to drive & motivate self & the team to deliver under pressure.
Management of Risk (GHR / FIM requirements)
- To abide by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance
- Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
- To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
Observation of Internal Controls (GHR / FIM requirements)
- To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Need to be constantly be aware of the changes in the product
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical documents
- Ability to understand and prepare various file formats (ex: MT103, IDoc, xml etc.)
- Should demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible to work on adhoc projects with short deadlines
- Co-ordination and organisation of the project preparation and completion
- Test data setup in liaising with the relevant teams and ensure all test environments are ready
- Knowledge of the Testing life cycle
- Defect management for multiple projects
- Daily & Weekly reporting for multiple projects.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- Test execution and retests
- Test delivery
- Tracking UAT progress against metrics
- Formulation of test strategy
- Requirement analysis
- Script creation
- Defect Analysis
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending or expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget, etc. in USD’000)
What you will need to succeed in the role: (Minimum Qualification and Skills Required)
- Expert level qualification as required for the process / as per the benchmark agreed upon between HR and Operations.
- Software testing certification will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in manual testing of HSBCnet/Connect. (E)
- Prior experience of testing projects in HSBCnet/ Connect individually. (E)
- Prior experience in manual testing of HSBCnet or Connect - Heritage and Digital. (E)
- Significant experience in testing / managing HSBCnet /Connect/DSP projects across multiple tools for a min of 12 months. (E)
- Excellent product knowledge (HSBCnet / Connect - Heritage and Digital) (E)
- Prior experience in working on Quality Center and JIRA. (E)
- Good communicator with highly developed written and verbal communication skills. (E)
- Self-starter with minimal supervision and Organized approach to work (E)
- Needs to be acceptable and flexible to rapidly changing business related and internal scenarios (E)
- Ability to drive & motivate self & the team to deliver under pressure. (E)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure (E)
- Should be flexible to shifts, ready to work extra hours & work on weekends (E)
- High level of judgment and decision making skills (E)
- Ability to understand complex concepts & extract relevant information from extensive Documentation quickly. (E)
- Good research and problem solving skills. (E)
- Quick learner and self-dependent. (D)
- Take the ownership of the project and follow up with relevant parties to ensure smooth progress. (E)
- Good team player. (E)
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines whilst maintaining quality (E)
- Analyze and comprehend information, accurately and logically (D)
- Good decision making (E)
- Good understanding of SDLC & Testing Life cycles (E)
- Knowledge of testing tools (E)
Link to Candidate User Guide:
Go to the below link and type “IND GSC : IJP Applicant User Guide” in search bar.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***