New job Systems/Reliability Engineer in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Requisition ID: 237365
Requisition Posting End Date: 08/27/2021
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security.
This position is for a Systems/Reliability Engineer who will work on various projects within Bechtel. As part of this team, you will be developing proposals and project documents within the systems engineering/ reliability disciplines. In addition, you will be interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, a can-do attitude, and the desire to innovate designs. The projects that will be assigned involve government work throughout various sectors, including DOD, NASA, and DOE.
The Systems/ Reliability Engineer will be responsible for understanding the basic systems engineering work processes and modeling tools, and performing systems engineering tasks having a minor degree of complexity. The Engineer will be responsible for reviewing and checking systems engineering documentation. The engineer will also support the development and integration of reliability and maintainability analyzes and implementation of the requirements into engineering products.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
This position could be located in various locations.
- Prepare functional/system analysis to define facility/system design requirements.
- Establish means of verifying requirements implementation, including acceptance criteria.
- Prepare system and facility design criteria documents.
- Supports reliability and maintainability program development.
- Prepares reliability and maintainability analyzes and integration of the requirements.
- Support system-level design verification, requirements verification, test requirements specification, and requirements flow down and traceability.
- Perform impact analyses for proposed requirement changes.
- Perform assessments to validate and verify implementation and traceability of requirements into design.
- Participate in technical discussions to resolve system design and reliability issues.
- Research and document system operations and limits from the review of design and basis documents and from discussions with system designers.
- Perform model-based systems engineering using a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) automation tool (e.g. IBM Rationale DOORS® or Innoslate by Spec Innovations).
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria pertinent to the systems engineering and Reliability and Maintainability Programs.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of systems engineering tools, such as IBM® Rationale DOORS® or Innoslate by Spec Innovations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or a related field (e.g. Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Nuclear Engineering) from an accredited university or college with at least 3 years of relevant technical experience or in lieu of a degree 9 years of relevant experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain Engineer-In-Training (EIT) within 12 months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any security clearances required for this position.
- Possess an understanding of Systems Engineering and Reliability and Maintainability principles and methods.
- Possess an awareness of national codes and standards, environmental and nuclear regulations, and their influence on design.
- Experience facilitating multi-discipline meetings to resolve technical and related requirements compliance issues.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certification
- Experience with systems engineering on DOE or DOD projects.
- Familiarity with implementation of requirements in design.
- Experience working with requirements management databases.
- Experience in performing design and/or requirements change impact analysis.
Experience with Reliability and Maintainability Standards including
- GEIA-STD-009 Reliability Program Standard for Systems, Design, Development and Manufacturing.,
- HDBK-189C Reliability Growth Management
- IEEE STD 1633 Recommend Practice on Software Reliability
- SAEJA101 Evaluation Criteria for Reliability Centered Maintenance Processes
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.