New job Research Associate in Delhi
Company : Zenworx Knowledge Partners
Salary : ₹25,000 - ₹45,000 a month
Location : Delhi
Zenworx Knowledge Partners is a boutique firm providing research solutions to global investment management firms. Headquartered in New Delhi, India.
Previous Experience: An ideal candidate would have had at least 2-6 years of previous experience supporting a large financial institution (investment bank, private equity fund, hedge fund or asset manager etc.).
· Highly numerate, strong critical thinking and quantitative reasoning
· Good commercial acumen – candidate should have a strong interest in business and finance and have a good understanding of general business dynamics (including an understanding of the fundamentals of micro- and macroeconomics etc.)
· Fluent English, with excellent oral, aural and written command of the language
· Strong attention to detail – incl. spelling, grammar, consistent formatting etc.
· Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
‒ Ability to create reports or presentations to a professional standard (including creation of charts, data tables and other appropriate graphics)
‒ Ability to write well-structured memos, including the use of a table of contents, page breaks, section dividers, indentation, multi-level bullets etc.
‒ Ability to use all key excel functions, including data tables, indirect cell referencing, lookup functions, simple regression analysis etc.
· Information gathering
‒ Ability to sort through large volumes of data (experienced using database search tools) and exercising good commercial judgement to extract relevant information
§ e.g. an ability to review the content of selected company/broker reports to ensure they address the relevant topic/issue and synthesize key findings into short summary note
‒ Experience using Google Advanced Search, Bloomberg, Reuters, Capital IQ, Company Websites, SEC Filings, RNS (or equivalent systems/sources)
· Thorough understanding of financial accounting, including the inter-relationship between the key financial statements (profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
‒ Should be able to build an integrated financial model from scratch and be confident auditing or amending working models (including an ability to fix circular references)
‒ Familiar with standardised financial metrics (sales, gross margin, net income) and non-standardised financial terms (Non-GAAP metrics including EBITDA, free cash flow, capital employed)
‒ Applying appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions
‒ Create financial benchmarking sheets to track key financial / operating metrics of peer companies
‒ Manual and automated screening of portfolio companies across sectors for further deep-dive analysis
· Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of corporate finance and valuation techniques
‒ Understands the concept of Enterprise Value, Net Debt and Equity Value
‒ Familiar with standard valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow analysis, the dividend discount model, comparable company analysis (current trading vs. through cycle vs. transaction multiples/yields), “sum-of-the-parts” analysis, LBO valuation techniques etc.
‒ Familiar with key financial ratios, incl. profitability margins, liquidity and solvency ratios
General Market Analysis:
· Understanding of general business theory and the basics of economics
‒ The candidate should be able to perform a basic market review where the relevant public information is available (or summarise relevant data from a report)
§ e.g. total market size (sales & volume), market growth rates, overview of the key customers and suppliers, changes in share over time, barriers to entry, elements of competitive advantage or differentiation, market segmentation etc.
MBA /CFA / PG Finance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹25,000.00 - ₹45,000.00 per month
- Day shift
- Flexible shift
- Monday to Friday
- Yearly bonus
- Bachelor's (Required)
- research work: 1 year (Required)
Speak with the employer