New job Process Lead - ServiceNow ServCo SMS, GSC's in West Bengal
|Process Lead - ServiceNow ServCo SMS, GSC's|
Process Lead - ServiceNow ServCo SMS, GSC's
Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Bengal
Open positions: 1
Role Title: Process Lead - ServiceNow ServCo SMS
Global Career Band: 5
Location (Country / City ) : Hyderabad / Kolkata
Recruiter Name : Sonam Bhanuka
Why join us?
Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Service Centres
Our Global Service Centres are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centres and digital platforms.
Employees in the Global Service Centres also run and manage operations for commercial bank customers. This includes processing credit applications, facilitating payments and managing the import and export transactions that enable customers to protect and grow their businesses through international trade.
Purpose of Department
- The ServCo Group has been established to meet regulatory rules (the Operational Continuity in Resolution rules (OCiR)) regarding recovery, resolution and ring fencing. Those rules require us to place our critical shared service capability (people, systems, premises, etc.) into a safe haven, i.e. a legal entity structure within the HSBC Group which is separately governed and financially resilient. Structuring ourselves in this way removes operational dependencies between operating banks, and therefore reduces the risk of contagion should any of our banks get into financial difficulties. The ServCo Group therefore is a collection of legal entities which holds that capability and is financed accordingly.
- In setting up the ServCo Group, a number of activities have been established, including, Service Catalogue, Service Mapping, Contracts Management, Data Management, Performance Reporting, Delivery Service Billing MI (DSBMI) and Query Management. The key responsibility of Service Management Support (SMS) is to support and facilitate these areas and assist the Global Businesses, Global Functions and HOST through the information, reporting and insight SMS provides .
- The Senior Business Analyst will need to understand business requirements / change requests; assess the business impact of those changes and develop these into requirements that can be built by out as part of the development team. The role also needs to have a level of ServiceNow development capability to ensure the business requirements are translated seamlessly into technical requirements and, at the same time, provide support for development as and when required.
- The primarily responsibilities will include ensuring daily execution of deliverables, capturing, analysing and documenting business requirements and providing technical support / clarification of the requirements to the development team. This role would also support the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders in order to develop and influence solution direction as appropriate, resolve complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required.
- They will continue to support the stakeholders through testing and release, providing input to release notes and any user documentation as required.
What you’ll do:
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in “Senior Business Analyst - ServiceNow ServCo SMS”. In this role, you will:
The Senior Business Analyst will:
- Provide Business Analysis and Development support for Global ServCo initiatives
- Be required where necessary to develop and deliver functionality within the ServiceNow platform
- Assess the viability of new requests and provide proposals and solutions to the business that meet business requirements, align with IT strategy and maximise reuse opportunities
- Translate business requirements into system requirements using the appropriate terminology to facilitate the progression of a project through elaboration and definition
- Demonstrate good analytical skills to ensure business problems are questioned and understood and the solutions are cost effective and timely
- Ensure development is completed as per the customer’s requirements and provide consultation / technical support to the development wherever required
- Be a subject matter expert and would be required to manage multiple small scale, moderately complex projects
- Identify opportunities to improve the application / streamline development activities wherever required and promote / drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools
- Use scripting tools to automate routine tasks being done in the ServiceNow platform
- Report progress and identify and raise any issues/risks, escalating as appropriate to enable satisfactory resolution
- Establish and maintain good communication and relationships, both internal (onshore/offshore) and external to the Bank as a representative of the SMS Systems domain
- The role will report to the SMS India / Team Manager (Vice President) – India SMS
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions within ServiceNow is required
- Good knowledge of the core concepts of ServiceNow to include its OOTB functions and customisation capabilities
- ServiceNow Developer background is preferable
- Experience on at least one of the following technologies - SQL / Java is required
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and working practices
- Must be able to design, discuss, and document system strategies for platform, applications, and networks
- Experience of system testing with a focus on end-user testing and ensuring traceability between requirements and test cases
- Experience in functional or performance testing, writing and executing test cases
- Experience of business process, data and functional process mapping
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Able to work under pressure and demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and a rapid learning capability
- Proven results-driven approach with the ability to take initiative, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience of forming and maintaining network relationships - solid partner/stakeholder interaction skills
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
Link to Candidate User Guide:
Go to the below link and type “IND GSC : IJP Applicant User Guide” in search bar.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***