New job Process Lead – DSBMI ServCo SMS, GSC's in West Bengal
|Process Lead – DSBMI ServCo SMS, GSC's|
Process Lead – DSBMI ServCo SMS, GSC's
Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Bengal
Open positions: 2
Role Title: Process Lead – DSBMI ServCo SMS
Global Career Band: 5
Location (Country/city) - India- Kolkata/ Hyderabad
Recruiter Name: Sonam Bhanuka
Why join us?
Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Service Centres
Our Global Service Centres are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centres and digital platforms.
Employees in the Global Service Centres also run and manage operations for commercial bank customers. This includes processing credit applications, facilitating payments and managing the import and export transactions that enable customers to protect and grow their businesses through international trade.
- The ServCo Group has been established to meet regulatory rules (the Operational Continuity in Resolution rules (OCiR)) regarding recovery, resolution and ring fencing. Those rules require us to place our critical shared service capability (people, systems, premises, etc.) into a safe haven, i.e. a legal entity structure within the HSBC Group which is separately governed and financially resilient. Structuring ourselves in this way removes operational dependencies between operating banks, and therefore reduces the risk of contagion should any of our banks get into financial difficulties. The ServCo Group therefore is a collection of legal entities which holds that capability and is financed accordingly.
- In setting up the ServCo Group, a number of activities have been established, including, Service Catalogue, Service Mapping, Contracts Management, Data Management, Performance Reporting, Delivery Service Billing MI (DSBMI) and Query Management. The key responsibility of Service Management Support (SMS) is to support and facilitate these areas and assist the Global Businesses, Global Functions and HOST through the information, reporting and insight SMS provides.
- The Process Lead - DSBMI will be primarily responsible for supporting the Delivery Service Billing MI functional area and may be aligned to any of the areas based on demand. The Process Lead will be expected to understand various functions of the ServCo and develop deeper understanding of the role that he / she will be performing.
- The primary responsibilities will include the identification of data requirements, the gathering of the data from different sources and the development of the corresponding analytical model to meet the needs of the ServCo organisation. The modelling scenarios will include simulation, what if, benchmarking, and hoc Financial analysis. This role would also support implementation of the strategy and the target operating model for the area.
- One of the key requirements is strong communication and relationship management and influencing solution direction as appropriate, to resolve complex problems, where expertise is required. The Process Lead will form strong relationships with stakeholders, taking responsibility for early risk identification and contribute to status reporting.
- The role holder will need to form a detailed understanding of the multiple data sources across the ServCo and Finance Departments, service architecture, reporting requirements and understanding of the processes / concepts of various pillars within SMS. The role will require excellent communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
What you’ll do :
The Process Lead - DSBMI, along with the support from Team Manager, Head of Reporting and Management Information / SMS India and the Head of the support area, will:
- Support the SMS India management in ensuring that various SMS activities are carried out as per the requirement and in transitioning new SMS activities to offshore.
- Support varying complex data analysis using excel and other tools
- Perform data mining, extracting the essential data factors from different sources
- Automated extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple sources into large spreadsheets
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Promotes good practice and adheres to policy.
- Recognise inefficiencies in current processes and introduces improvements to improve the speed and accuracy of DSBMI production
- Build strong working relationships across various functions on a peer to peer level, across Regional/Global teams primarily within the Servco Function, and also interact with management up to two levels in the organization
- Provide direction / guide / support the other team members in the India SMS team to assure a well running support model
- Support roll-out of and adherence to the Service Architecture and Service Level principles
- Ensure the processes are documented and kept up-to-date / refreshed as and when changes happen
- Work closely with the other team members to deliver timely and high quality outputs as a team
- Maintain a high quality ServCo information provision in terms of SMS monitoring and reporting with continuous service improvements in an environment of increasing demand and agility for timely business and regulatory driven service modifications, enhanced regulatory oversight and stringent cost management
- Communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Operate in a highly functional or matrix organisation and the role holder need to be flexible to work in different time zones
- The role will report to the SMS India / Team Manager (Vice President) – India SMS
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Advance MS Excel skills. Excellent ability to develop required formulas, concatenations, if statements, pivot tables, V lookups, macros, charts, VBA,
- Developed skills in Python, R and other technologies
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts
- Analytical reasoning and excellent problem solving ability in complex ambiguous situations, Quick in drawing conclusions from required analysis
- Identifying and presenting risks and areas of opportunity as a result of the analysis
- Proven results-driven approach with the ability to take initiatives, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships, collaborate with and influence people across the organisation, geographies and cultures
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders and delivery of end-to-end processes
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in data management with proven ability to develop analytical interfaces
- Assertive with the ability to work with others to ensure delivery within the required timelines
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding or ability to quickly learn HSBC structures, processes and objectives across the Group
- University degree required or equivalent experience
Link to Candidate User Guide:
Go to the below link and type “IND GSC: IJP Applicant User Guide” in search bar.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***