New job Operations Executive in Karnataka
Company : GO DESi MANDI PRIVATE LIMITED
Salary : ₹15,000 - ₹18,000 a month
Location : Karnataka
- Follow best practice warehousing principles, policies and processes.
- Effective utilization and managing of warehouse workers.
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies to coordinate deliveries of consignments and handle any concerns.
- Handling inbound and outbound of shipments – scanning and making the necessary entries in the system.
- Conduct inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy; investigate & reconcile discrepancies & negative.
Must have attributes:
- Any graduate degree.
- Having 0-1 year experience in a related field
- Fluent with MS Office – make basic reports, use CRM
- Fluent in Kannada and English
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently.
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
About US: Most companies on what they do and how they do what they do (we just invented a tongue twister)! However for us at GO DESi, Why is the single most important question.
So let us start with the WHY? Why does GO DESi exist?
We want to kick start the revolution of food processing at the farm gate with the aim of increasing the share of consumer value captured at the farm. This, we have seen in our experience kicks off a chain reaction; higher realisation for the farmer for its produce, a scalable economic centre in rural areas which provide long term jobs & eventually a product for the consumer where s/he can trace back its roots.
How do we do this, we are building GO DESi is a platform where we identify regional products manufactured by FPO/ Cooperatives/ rural entrepreneurs, standardise them, brand them under GO DESi and plug it into our omni channel selling network.
Watch this video to see who our vendors are and what they have to say about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMiWPH21egQ&t=7s
The impact that we have created so far:
- Number of micro- entrepreneurs supported- 8
- 95% of the total workforce hired at GO DESi manufacturing units are women
- 100% of the employment is local
- Value of raw material procured directly from farmers: 28 lakhs
- 75% of the total women employed were not a part of organised workforce.
- Average distance to travel for work has come down from 2 km to 0.5 km
- Average income per month has increased from Rs 3100 to Rs 6000 p.m.
Coming to the what- right now GO DESi is taking shape as a DESi confectionery brand, you can check out our products at www.godesi.in. We are currently available in 1000+ consumer touchpoints in Bangalore & Hyderabad. GO DESi Imli pop is the fastest selling confectionery product online and we are even exploring export markets.
Should you apply: sounds like the Mission Impossible self destruct message (should you choose to apply) What we are trying to do is difficult but nowhere close to being impossible. What we offer is a fast paced, fun environment, with a great deal of independence, responsibility and the opportunity to learn.
For us culture is the secret sauce and hence we are very particular about the kind of people we want on board. We believe skills can be learnt but behaviour change is difficult and hence for us the right people: * Have read about us, are genuinely interested in working at GO DESi, it is not just another job.
- Take initiative * Do not need hand holding
- Make and learn from mistakes
- Continuously update and upgrade their skills
- Do more from less
- Are humble
- Are more than the sum total of their work experience (fun hobby, passion etc)
GO DESi’s small core team consists of:
Vinay, who has more than 10 years of experience in the FMCG space, has worked on award winning projects like E-Choupal, managed and launched national brands like Sunfeast.
Raksha, an ex-KPMG employee as well as has almost 5 years of experience working with different organisations in the social sector – Youth Alliance, Prafull Oorja and The Kha Foundation.
We are a very young start up and hence we want to be clear about what we do not offer:
No fancy coffee machines (filter coffee & DESi chai is always available), no bean bags, no showers in office (except Holi), no mid day naps, no fancy lunches (though we are always loaded with DESi snacks and new product trials). If you made it till here and can identify with all we said above, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Akhil, has completed his graduation in Operations Management from the University of Auckland; he handles the operations of the company. He has worked with tourism – New Zealand prior to working with GO DESi.
Application Deadline: 21/8/2021
Expected Start Date: 23/8/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹15,000.00 - ₹18,000.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Day shift