New job MEL- Analyst in Rajasthan
Company : IPE Global
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Rajasthan
Analyst - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
Jaipur (Rajasthan, India) with regular travel to project districts, New Delhi (IPE Global & CIFF offices).
About IPE Global
IPE Global Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary development sector consulting firm offering a range of integrated, innovative and high-quality services across several sectors and practices. We offer end-to-end consulting and project implementation services in the areas of Public Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education and Skill Development, Social and Economic Empowerment, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Private Sector Development, among others.
Over the last 21 years, IPE Global has successfully implemented over 900 projects in more than 100 countries. We The group is headquartered in New Delhi, India with seven international offices in United Kingdom, Kenya, Ethiopia, Myanmar, Philippines, Bangladesh and Nepal. We partner with multilateral, bilateral, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth. We strive to create enabling environment for path breaking social and policy reforms that contribute to sustainable development.
IPE Global is an ISO 9001:2015 certified and promoted by established practitioners and sector experts. The organization has multi-disciplinary team of 1100+ professionals, bringing together the right skills and technical expertise for enriching lives in poor and developing countries. Our experts work closely with programme stakeholders and clients to co-design solutions for complex socioeconomic issues.
About the Project
One out of three (36%) babies are born with Low Birth Weight (< 2500 grams) in Rajasthan and majority of them fall into the trap of wasting. Poor maternal nutrition is the key reason why babies are born with Low Birth Weight.
To address Low Birth Weight and Wasting, Government of Rajasthan (GoR) in Partnership with Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is implementing project RajPusht. RajPusht is implemented by IPE Global. RajPusht combines two interventions to reduce LBW and Wasting. First is direct cash transfers to pregnant and lactating women to invest in food for self and their young children; and second is making positive change in knowledge, attitudes and practices around consumption of nutrient dense food by Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) and children <3 years.
RajPusht will support implementation of GoR’s initiative to cover second time pregnant women (first time being covered through Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana) through DBT and behaviour change interventions in Udaipur, Banswara, Dungarpur and Pratapgarh districts of Rajasthan. RajPusht will systematically track the effect of the interventions against a set of output and outcome indicators
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Manager - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) - Rajpusht.
As the Analyst - MEL, s/he will primarily be responsible for overseeing and executing the monitoring, evaluation and learning framework on ground for the project. S/he will be required to develop necessary tools, oversee field execution of survey and data collection efforts, database management, data cleaning, data analysis, and prepare technical reports, policy and research papers, etc. Based on insights from the monitoring data, s/he will also provide feedback and guidance to the program team both on data collection and program improvements.
MEL Strategy and Implementation
- Assist in the design and implementation of project's overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategy and framework;
- Help designing appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and ensure that project M&E activities, frameworks, and key indicators are designed in line with the programme results log frame;
- Supervise the survey implementation, data collection activities, manage a team of field researchers, investigators, and ensure data quality at the field level.
- Manage a large database, clean field level data, run appropriate analytical tools and statistical tests, conduct advanced level statistical analysis (tests of significance, correlation and regression analysis, propensity score matching, principal component analysis, merging datasets, advance 4-layer cross tabulations, multiple response analysis, methods of sampling, etc.) using either SPSS or STATA.
- Prepare monthly analytical progress reports based on field data and plot/chart progress of key project indicators for reporting to the donor or externally.
- Help in conducting project evaluation and contribute in preparing strategic documents/ reports, manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals and disseminate the learning through appropriate forums.
Management Information System (MIS)
- Help develop a technology-enabled project MIS; review the existing MIS for the availability and correctness of the required key performance indicators; and provide feedback.
- Capture, maintain and update accurate records/ project indicators on technology-enabled MIS at all levels; and
- Support the Project Director in performance-based reporting as per donor requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Statistics, Demography, Development Studies or other relevant disciplines.
- 3-5 years of experience in an M&E role including large-scale quantitative data processing and management; and contributing to evaluation and research studies.
- Strong skills in statistical methods, sampling design and methodology, evaluation methods, causal analysis, and designing research studies,
- Experience in large scale data collection, management and analysis in donor funded projects, preferably in health/nutrition/gender-related programmes;
- In-depth knowledge and proven expertise in developing M&E systems, methods & tools, knowledge products using high quality data analytics. Operational experience in health/nutrition sector highly preferred;
- An advanced level skill in SPSS or STATA is non-negotiable. Data mining, data cleaning, merging datasets, running complex query and data analysis in SPSS or STATA is absolutely necessary (the candidate must be able to take a test over Skype).
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of maternal and child health and nutrition and rural development sectors and programmes.
- Experience of working on large scale cash transfer programmes or direct benefits transfer;
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates; and
- Experience in implementing projects with components of Social and Behaviour Change Communication.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.