New job Manager - EHS in West Bengal
|Manager - EHS|
Manager - EHS
Company : PepsiCo
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Bengal
The primary function of the Plant EHS Manager is to champion and promote EHS culture, monitor satisfactory completion of EHS actions, including risk assessments and training.
Compliance with Legal Obligations and Company Requirements
- To advise and support the Plant Head and other persons involved in planning, organizing, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work.
- To implement PI EHS Procedures and develop local work procedures to comply with legal obligations.
- To liaison with government authorities for statutory compliance related to Environment management.
- To review and develop the EHS Management Plan (AOP) and communicate the plan at all level.
- Maintain the Plant risk / environment aspect register comprising of significant risks and ensure that risk/Impact assessments are completed for all activities.
- To advise and support the Plant EHS Council.
- To extend support in achieving country level EHS management plans (AOP) and work as part of country EHS Team.
- To advise Plant Head in ensuring that their Plant has key staff mobilized to carry out the EHS activities e.g. Risk/Impact assessors, First aiders, Fire wardens etc.
- To receive and investigate reports of accidents, dangerous occurrences and fire damage, environment incidents determine their causes and make recommendations for improving recurrence prevention and controls.
- To monitor that all accidents / environment incidents are properly investigated by department managers and lessons learnt are shared appropriately.
- To maintain a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences& Environmental Incidents. Provide statistical summaries to the Plant Health &Safety and Environmental Council and draw attention to significant trends and occurrences.
- To identify the training needs for employees & contractors and develop training matrix. Liaise with managers to nominate employees & contractors for training courses.
- Design, develop, upgrade content on EHS training and impart trainings as required.
- To monitor training and report progress on training against annual targets to the Plant EHS Council and myEHS.
- To Identify and develop training program on environmental compliance and monitoring regulations.
- To develop a system to ensure staff moves and relocation are risk assessed and planned
- To monitor work environment parameters e.g. workplace noise, illumination, heat, humidity, indoor air quality etc.
- Prepare a PPE matrix covering the entire premises on the basis of risk assessment of the respective area/activity.
- Responsibility encompasses the Effluent treatment plant and ensures its safe operations as per the internal standards.
- Compliance of all parameters as defined by the PCB & PI
- Full Time Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Education requirement of any BE/B Tech/M.Sc/Diploma Engineering
- At least 5 years industry experience
- Able to communicate in local language.
- Exposure to OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001 management systems preferable.
- Experience in verticals of Health and Safety like Industrial safety, fleet safety & warehouse Safety.
- Able to implement Global EHS policies and accommodate local cultural and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently in cooperation with diverse business units, external agencies, contractors and cultures in a proactive manner is essential.
- Good communication skills should be able to interact with all level of employees across business units. Should be able to develop and deliver H & S related training modules.
- Ready to travel as and when required.
Job Type: Regular