New job Intern - Nutrition in Delhi
|Intern - Nutrition|
Intern - Nutrition
Company : PATH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
*Please include a Cover Letter with your Resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications*.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, immunization, HIV/AIDS, injection safety, maternal health, Innovation Labs, and more.
PATH is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter, and enthusiastic Interns to work with the Nutrition team under the Family Health Portfolio.
Work Location: New Delhi (Remote working may be considered)
PATH is a global health innovation leader, for over 40 years applying its expertise in technology, economics, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties such as nutrition, to support governments to develop and scale solutions to strengthen health systems. It also applies its skills in market research, demand forecasting, distribution channel analysis, engagement with manufacturers and authorities, and impact modeling to strengthen markets, including for food and nutrition products.
PATH’s Nutrition expertise is exemplified through its leadership of the UK’s Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)-funded Nutrition Embedding Evaluation Programme (NEEP), Maximising the Quality of Scaling Up Nutrition (MQSUN), and MQSUN+; USAID’s Thrive and Infant and Young Child Nutrition (IYCN) projects; the nutrition component of USAID’s flagship Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program (MCHIP) and Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP); and the biomarkers component of the Demographic Health Surveys (DHS).
Through its work in more than 70 countries, PATH implements its vision for Public Health impact through a comprehensive strategy to develop and introduce innovations and assist countries to integrate innovations and prepare for scale-up. PATH saves lives and improves health, especially among women and children, by working with governments, civil society, communities, and academia, and research institutions to introduce sustainable solutions. PATH’s integrated nutrition portfolio comprises of:
- Provides Global, Regional, and National Policy and Advocacy technical assistance and capacity enhancement.
- Introduces, evaluates, and scales up Nutrition-specific interventions (e.g. micronutrient supplementation and Food Fortification).
- Provides nutrition data analysis for Demographic Health Surveys and decision-makers at National, Regional, and District levels.
- Develops and tests new innovations to improve nutrition including diagnostics, devices and tools, and new cross-disciplinary approaches with agriculture, food security, and climate change.
- Work towards strengthening Human Milk Banking
Responsibilities may include one or many, but are not limited to, of the following:
- Conduct secondary research, desk review research, and present analysis of the same with meaningful conclusions.
- Assist in drafting policy briefs and state-specific reports/ plans as per the requirements.
- Support in creating nutrition-themed papers and proposals.
- Assist in drafting required SOPs and guidelines.
- Coordinate with different teams for the required inputs, insights, and guidance.
- Document proceedings and Key messages of Meetings, Webinars, Seminars, etc. for onward dissemination
- Work on other deliverables (ad-hoc need basis)
- Support to program teams in coordinating including capturing activities, follow up on action items, and key deliverables.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during Internship:
- Understanding of the Nutrition and Public Health ecosystem in the South Asia Hub.
- Knowledge of Global Health and Nutrition, Medical Technology Innovations, Digital Health, Nonprofit Management, and Business Development
- Fostering collaboration and coordination among team members.
- Exposure to PATH programs.
- Fresh graduates or final year Masters student in Foods and Nutrition, DDPHN, Public Health Nutrition, Food Science, Food Technology.
- The experience gained as part of previous training, Internship, or College Dissertation may also be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a complex environment.
- Comfortable with collaborating across all levels of leadership within the organization.
- Basic primary and secondary research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Excellent command over MS Office applications, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent in written and spoken English.
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com