New job Fisheries Guard in Sikkim
Company : Sikkim PSC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Sikkim
SIKKIM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
OLD TOURISM COMPLEX, M.G.MARG, GANGTOK, SIKKIM – 737101
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.spscskm.gov.in
ADVERTISEMENT NO: 10/SPSC/EXAM/2021 DATED: 26.08.2021
Applications are invited from the eligible local candidates for filling up 13 (thirteen) posts of
Fisheries Guard on temporary regular basis in Level 6 of the Pay Matrix under Directorate of
Fisheries under Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Government of Sikkim,
through Direct Recruitment. All applications are to be made online at the Commission’s website.
However, during the period of Probation/Apprenticeship/Training, pay shall be governed by
Notification No. 489/GEN/DOP dated: 31.10.2011.
01. Minimum Educational Qualification:
Degree of B.Sc (Zoology) from a recognized University.
02. Age Limit:
Should have attained the age of 21 years, but should not have exceeded 30 years as on
31St July, 2021,
03. Other Qualifications:
(a) Should have knowledge of any of the State Languages.
(b) Should be conversant with the customs and usages of Sikkim.
04. Required Documents:
(a) In accordance with Notification No: 44/GEN/DOP dt: 27.10.2015 candidates who are in the
final year/semester of the prescribed course shall be accepted provided such candidates have
cleared all previous years/semesters at the time of submission of applications and subject to
submission of the final year /semester results on or before the date specified by the Sikkim
Public Service Commission. Non-submission of the proof of essential educational qualification
by prescribed date shall make the application of such candidates liable to be rejected without
assigning any reason thereof.
(b) Candidate must be in possession of either Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of
Identification issued by the competent authority under relevant orders of the State
(c) Category Certificate issued by the (d) Should have Valid Local Employment Card
competent authority of the Government issued by the appropriate authority of the
of Sikkim. Government of Sikkim.
(e) No Objection Certificate from the Head (f) Marital Status certificate (for female
of Department in case of employed candidate). In case of married women
candidate. candidate, COI/SSC of Husband should be
05. Minimum physical requirements:
For Male candidates For Female candidates
Height 155 cm 152.4 cm
Chest Girth 84 cm Not applicable
Chest Expansion 90 cm Not applicable
Walking Distance 25 kms. Within 04(four) hours 16 kms. Within 04 (four) hours
06. DISTRIBUTION OF VACANCIES:
Sl. No. Category No. of posts
1. Unreserved 02
2. Bhutia Lepcha 02
3. Bhutia Lepcha (Women) 01
4. Scheduled Tribe 02
5. Other Backward Classes - Central List 01
6. Other Backward Classes - State List (Women) 01
7. Most Backward Classes - State List 01
8. Scheduled Caste 01
9. Primitive Tribe 01
10. Weaker Sections of the Society 01
07. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
Candidates are advised to refer to APPENDIX – I for Detailed Scheme and pattern for the Written
Examinations. The syllabus can be downloaded from the Sikkim Public Service Commission website.
08. Candidate should go through the advertisement and read the instructions provided on the web page
carefully before applying online. Applications received through any other mode shall not be
accepted and shall be summarily rejected.
09. The candidates are advised to apply online from our website http://spscskm.gov.in/ on or before
15.09.2021 upto 12 midnight. Application submitted after 15.09.2021 will not be accepted by the
software and SPSC shall not be responsible for the same.
10. Rejection list of candidates who do not qualify for the post as per the advertised criteria will be
uploaded in the SPSC website on _22.09.2021 and if any of the rejected candidates have
reservation on rejection of application, they should submit their grievances along with
justification to the office of the Controller, SPSC w.e.f 27.09.2021 to 01.10.2021.
11. Application fee amounting to Rs 150/- only may be paid online through Net Banking or credit and debit
card, (Visa/MasterCard). The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any other
12. e-Admit Cards can be downloaded and printed by the eligible candidates after a Notice for the same shall
be published by the Commission in the official website of the Commission.
13. Candidates are directed to bring a Photo Identity proof like (Aadhaar Card, Voters Card, Driving License)
along with valid e-Admit cards in the examination centre for proof of identity.
14. Those candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for the scrutiny of documents.
Short listed candidates are required to submit attested Photocopies of all relevant documents on the
dates specified by the Commission.
15. No TA/DA is admissible for attending the examination.
16. Admission to all the stages of examination for which candidates are admitted by the Commission viz.
Written Examination shall be purely provisional and subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility
conditions. If, on verification at any stage of the examination process, it is found that candidates do not
fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post shall be cancelled by the
Commission without notice.
17. The Commission shall entertain application on review or RTI/Correspondence only after the entire
process of recruitment is complete.
18. Any further instructions/Corrigendum/Addendum shall be uploaded only on Sikkim Public
Service Commission website.
SIKKIM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Copy forwarded for information to :
1. The Director, IPR Department, Government of Sikkim, Gangtok for publication & information.
2. The Secretary, DOP, Government of Sikkim, Gangtok.
3. The Secretary, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Government of Sikkim, Gangtok.
4. Notice Board for general information and
5. Guard file.